Wrong number permanently defaulted for contact

dtm

Reaction score
I just picked up a DX and when syncing my phone contacts with Gmail and Facebook I found that my girlfriend didn't have her right number listed on FB. For some reason Facebook numbers become the locked default for a contact, so every time I received a text from her it would reply to that number instead of the one she'd sent from.

I removed Facebook from my contacts, deleted her contact profile, rebooted and created a new profile for her. The old number (she even changed it on FB) is still locked into her name. She's always connected with my Gmail accounts, which shouldn't have an effect on things. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can erase that damn wrong number?

Cheers.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Yep, log into Google and change the number in your contacts. Once you log in go to "my account" then click on "view data associated with this account". Scroll down and click on contacts. Find her name then change the number. You could also delete her all together then add her back in with the correct info. When you are done, go to your phone then do menu>accounts and sync>tap your Google account then menu>sync now. Should take care of you! Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums