Writing Notes

quickster47

Reaction score
Since I can NOT find that my Droid came with any note writing application what are others out there in Droid-Land using for text on their Droids?

Carl

OP
quickster47

quickster47

Reaction score
Backnblack, thanks much for your prompt reply and the link to all the useful Note applications.

Carl

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No problem...

Reaction score
anything out there that allows you to write on the screen with your finger or the like?

thanks

tbever

Reaction score
Since I can NOT find that my Droid came with any note writing application what are others out there in Droid-Land using for text on their Droids?

Carl

I use AK Notes quite a bit and I like it. Evernote also has an app for the Droid and it syncs across multiple platforms.

Droids

Reaction score
I've been testing AndroNotes, ColorNote, Note Everything, ActionComplete, and I think ActionComplete is better than the other three so far. Also started playing with gTasks and GDocs.

Ideally we would want something that syncs to the cloud and can be edited on the phone or the computer and auto-sync, and that probably means using one of the Google apps. I'm not paranoid about keeping my notes or grocery list in the cloud, pretty boring stuff.

Droids

Reaction score
Looked at Evernote and too many complaints, which I would agree with. Technically it does not sync with the phone as there is no local copy of your notes on the phone. When launched it needs to go online and pull up your notes. Has a lot of features though, but I still want a local copy of my notes so it will load fast, and work offline if need be.

Ak Notes is not free and I'm being cheap (for now) until I find the ideal app.

Off to try 3banana now....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sticky Memo widget is a nice basic app/widget that allows you to 'sticky' a note to your home screen! Varying sizes to choose from.

cuskit

Reaction score
Looked at Evernote and too many complaints, which I would agree with. Technically it does not sync with the phone as there is no local copy of your notes on the phone. When launched it needs to go online and pull up your notes. Has a lot of features though, but I still want a local copy of my notes so it will load fast, and work offline if need be.

Ak Notes is not free and I'm being cheap (for now) until I find the ideal app.

Off to try 3banana now....
Hmm. More than one AK NOTES? Mine was free. I did download it weeks ago, and absolutely love it! They just updated it yesterday with lots of new "linking" features, as well as the ability to change your note colors.

cuskit

Droids

Reaction score
Searching for AK Notes brings up AK Notepad Sync in the market, for $1.99.
Searched for just AK and found AK Notepad for free, and it has good reviews so I'll check it out. looks like it is made by Snaptic which also makes 3banana, which I'm uninstalling due to their terms of service, which seem pretty horrid. AK Notepad though, seems worth checking out.

MrTommy

Reaction score
I use the freebie AK Notes as well, and like it very much. I liked it just fine even BEFORE they did the upgrade.