Wow; This article is skewed.

Adlerson

Reaction score
The only difference that REALLY matters, IMO, is the fact that the Droid works nearly EVERYWHERE, and the iPhone works nearly nowhere outside of urban areas. If the phone won't work where you live/work, it doesn't matter how great the features and performance, it is basically worthless!

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. I had the iPhone until earlier this week, when I gave it up for the Droid. I'm a pilot, and fly in to some pretty obscure places all over the US, and I have never been unable to use the iPhone, nor the data connection. Sure there are places where the iPhone has to resort to EDGE to connect, but I've yet to find a place where it doesn't work.
People are always surprised when I explain that I didn't leave the iPhone because of the network; Sure AT&T had their problems, but on the whole I was actually pretty satisfied as their customer. It is Apple's Stalinistic 'We know how you want to use your phone better than you do' approach that caused me to jump ship. :)
I just feel that in a thread where we put down an article for being biased we should be careful not to step in the same trap ourselves. :)

Cheers,
Addy

onejake

Reaction score
It's obvious the iPhone is feeling pressure when they drop the price within days of the Droid release. But, uh... who cares? You have a phone you like, how are you affected by what phone everyone else uses?

We all like to believe that whatever we choose is best... or "right". Nothing different between the idiotic left vs. right continuing debate we have going on. Plus, if we all agreed, it would be pretty boring and not give these writers a platform to show their love (or hate) for the device of their choice.

onejake

Reaction score
The only difference that REALLY matters, IMO, is the fact that the Droid works nearly EVERYWHERE, and the iPhone works nearly nowhere outside of urban areas. If the phone won't work where you live/work, it doesn't matter how great the features and performance, it is basically worthless!

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. I had the iPhone until earlier this week, when I gave it up for the Droid. I'm a pilot, and fly in to some pretty obscure places all over the US, and I have never been unable to use the iPhone, nor the data connection. Sure there are places where the iPhone has to resort to EDGE to connect, but I've yet to find a place where it doesn't work.
People are always surprised when I explain that I didn't leave the iPhone because of the network; Sure AT&T had their problems, but on the whole I was actually pretty satisfied as their customer. It is Apple's Stalinistic 'We know how you want to use your phone better than you do' approach that caused me to jump ship. :)
I just feel that in a thread where we put down an article for being biased we should be careful not to step in the same trap ourselves. :)

Cheers,
Addy

You switched because you don't like "Apple's Stalinistic... approach"? Doesn't AT&T offer other phones besides the iPhone? Did I miss something here? Did Apple buy AT&T? (I'm not being literal guys, I know Apple didn't acquire AT&T... yet)

inigomntoya

Reaction score
That's pretty typical for most of these articles. The "showdowns" that I have read over the past week all go something like this:

Screen Size and resolution:
iPhone - 480 x 320 @ 3.5 in.
Droid - 480 x 854 @ 3.7 in.
Advantage: iPhone - no explanation necessary.

This article was my favorite by far:

Motorola Droid vs iPhone 3GS

Regardless of how many 'bouts' the Droid wins, the iPhone comes out victorious!

Adlerson

Reaction score
You switched because you don't like "Apple's Stalinistic... approach"? Doesn't AT&T offer other phones besides the iPhone? Did I miss something here? Did Apple buy AT&T? (I'm not being literal guys, I know Apple didn't acquire AT&T... yet)

They offer no other phones in the same class as the iPhone or the Droid.. Does that make it easier to understand? :>

Addy

lauriep

Reaction score

Cheers,
Addy

I assure you, AT&T has NO presence around me. I was even told in the store by an AT&T salesman not to bother buying one as there is no service in my area, they have had tons of returns (as soon as I told him where I lived, he knew because of all the returns) and as far as he knew, they had no plans to add coverage/a tower, in this area. Look at the coverage map on the website!

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was quite amused in an ironic fashion by one comparison where the reviewer knocked the Droid for not having dedicated phone buttons and gave the win to the iphone in the phone category.

Like the iphone has dedicated phone buttons...

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread on a different subject...

My buddies at work have been rubbing my nose in their iPhone leftovers for a while now--laughing at the fact I was with Verizon. Once I whipped-out my DROID, I haven't heard a peep from them as they were trying to find something they could jump on. LOL I then in-turn started poking fun at their wimpy iPhones and what they couldn't do--this of course didn't make them happy as they are Devs and couldn't argue with the points I was making.

- Mega (who definitely loves the revenge business)

Erich_F

Reaction score
GSM vs. CDMA, no clear winner. Though, CDMA is superiror.

WTF?

Processor (CPU) TI OMAP3430 ARM Cortex A8 processor 550MhzARM Cortex A8 RISC 600MhzSame Processor, clocked Higher on iPhoneiPhoneGraphics / GamingHardware accelerate OpenGL ES 2.0Hardware accelerated OpenGL ES 2.0Graphics would be better on iPhone since it’s on higher clockiPhone

Double WTF? Big assumption IYAM.