Worth buying?

Firefighter912

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buying
I had a Galaxy S5 that I liked...it was pretty rugged to say at least...water wise.
I need a phone a little rugged due to my job. I'm debating between the Turbo 2 and Maxx 2....or maybe something else? I use Verizon Wireless by the way.

Any opinions?

Also for the Turbo 2...is the lifeproof waterproof case good?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
If you're putting it in a Lifeproof case, I don't think it matters which phone you get. Those cases have an excellent reputation. The Maxx 2 and T2 will be well protected in it.
If you want to go WITHOUT a case, then you get the Turbo 2.

OP
F

Firefighter912

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buying
I'm caught between the Turbo 2 or waiting for the Galaxy S7...any suggestions?

OP
F

Firefighter912

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buying
Ok. I might wait then. I just have a Casio Commando....sucks up the battery....

Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Recommending a phone to another person is always a tough thing to do, we all have different likes and dislikes. Each new phone does not always make everyone happy....unless you are an iPhone fan. What I personally do disagree with is...wait for the Galaxy S7 recommendations. Nothing wrong with Samsung, I own one, and they make great phones. But there is nothing wrong with the Turbo 2 either, I own 2 of them and they are great phones also! You have to buy what you like, regardless of what we think. But if you truly like the Turbo 2, and like Moto's version of Android, I don't think you would be disappointed. If you prefer Samsung, and their version of Android, then you should wait. Just my two cents (or no sense).

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'd wait until March...you'll have a ton of new devices to choose from..and the t2 will be pretty cheap then .

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I would wait unless you're in a hurry and this is from a Turbo 2 fan. We don't really know what the S7 will be yet. Personally, I'm not a Sammy fan, but since you are...

OP
F

Firefighter912

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buying
Well the Samsung S7 has been released with specs.......looks pretty close to the Turbo 2 I think but I'm not big into knowing the difference in them.

Any suggestions since the released details of the Samsung S7? More than likely I would get the S7 edge...but I'm still undecided between it and the Turbo 2 SINCE the battery is a little bigger and camera is better...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The best bet would be to see each one in person in a store.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's so hard to recommend a phone bases on specs alone...unless you just want a phone that has great specs and don't care about how it looks, feels in your hand, the UI, etc. Almost everyone here will recommend a Samsung over anything else; they do make great phones and sell a ton of them. That's why I say to check them out side by side in a store and pick the one you like best. Good luck, both are great phones & I doubt you will go wrong with either one.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's so hard to recommend a phone bases on specs alone...unless you just want a phone that has great specs and don't care about how it looks, feels in your hand, the UI, etc. Almost everyone here will recommend a Samsung over anything else; they do make great phones and sell a ton of them. That's why I say to check them out side by side in a store and pick the one you like best. Good luck, both are great phones & I doubt you will go wrong with either one.

Specs alone don't tell the whole story of a phone, look at the success of Moto's other product, the original Moto X. That was a phone that was given high praise despite its "lack of power/specs". Even the 2nd generation Moto X is a very good phone that doesn't seem to "stack up" with the top of the line of other manufacturers.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Specs alone don't tell the whole story of a phone, look at the success of Moto's other product, the original Moto X. That was a phone that was given high praise despite its "lack of power/specs". Even the 2nd generation Moto X is a very good phone that doesn't seem to "stack up" with the top of the line of other manufacturers.
Agreed 100%. I have owned / do own a Moto X Gen 1 and 3 Moto X 2014 Gen 2's. Great phones to this day.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have to assume this low light camera is going to be really nice. But if I was buying a phone for the best camera, the V10 is still tops there. SO I wouldn't get the S7 for that.

Agree that at this point you should check them out in person if you can.