World Cup Soccer

Gremlin

Reaction score
Is anyone going to watch it? Saw an ESPN commercial where it said you can watch the games on the phone..

Any idea how? Would really appreciate any info thanks

Different commercial for any soccer fans in this forum:

[video=youtube;idLG6jh23yE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE]YouTube - NIKE WRITE THE FUTURE - FULL LENGTH VERSION[/video]

dfwdroid

Reaction score
yep i will be watching all the game hopefully.
you need to pay some kinda subscription for it.
I am surprise ESPN is going to cover it :)

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
yep i will be watching all the game hopefully.
you need to pay some kinda subscription for it.
I am surprise ESPN is going to cover it :)

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll cut away every couple of minutes to let us know that LeBron still hasn't decided where he's going.

I'm actually taking my vacation specifically to watch as much as I can of the group play. As it stands now, I'll catch all of the US's group games. :icon_ banana:

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
I am trying to find anyone who has a sling box... Sling box for the droid won't be out until July (according to google searches :()

ESPN is also in England and they have taken over sky sports in showing premier league soccer games..

Hopefully next week they will release the schedule of the games they are showing.. If I find it, I will share it over here.. or if you know the link please share it :D

In a way I am happy that Martin Tyler is commentating for them .. he is awesome.. I consider him as John Madden version for soccer :D (hope that made sense :p)

For one of the games, I need to go to Best Buy and need to watch one of the games in 3D.. Yes for those who have 3D tv's, you can watch it..

3 more weeks and counting!! I am hoping US will host in 2018 or 2022..

Here is my guess... 2018 England and 2022 will be in UAE or so..

dfwdroid

Reaction score
awesome....kinda cool to have some soccer fans in here :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Wow...people actually watch soccer?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Phillip944

Reaction score
Yes... there are people who love soccer. It's odd. Millions of suburban kids in the U.S. play organized soccer, but yet professional soccer is not as popular as in other countries.

!! FORZA ITALIA !!

vthokies1996

Reaction score
ESPN, ESPN2, and ABS are showing all games live in HD in the US. In the UK, the tv rights are with ITV and the BBC.

This link has the schedule and includes which network is showing each game (in the US)

World Cup Fixtures / Schedules - FIFA World Cup 2010 - ESPN Soccernet

Regarding the 2022 World Cup, the UAE did not bid on the rights to host. The only Middle East country that did is Qatar.

The following countries bid to host either the 2018 or 2022 World Cups: Australia, Belgium/Netherlands (joint), England, Russia, Portugal/Spain (joint), and the US

The following countries have bid to host only the 2022 World Cup: Japan, Qatar, and S. Korea

ESPN's coverage of the World Cup should be pretty good. The games will be shown without commercials during play. They may have some popup ads something like this portion of the game brought to you by Coca Cola. But they will not cut to commercials during gameplay.

The rest of ESPNs plans: Sportscenter at the World Cup, World Cup Daily, 30 min highlight show each night of the World Cup, live 30 min pre-games, 15 min halftime, and postgame shows for every game.

vthokies1996

Reaction score
If anyone figures out how to watch games on the Droid please share. I know ESPN3.com is showing all of the World Cup games, except the ones on ABC.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
I got the years confused :p.

I know San Diego is trying to be one of the hosts for the US...

Espn3 is showing.. never knew there was ESPN 3 at all :p

Will let you know if there is anything regarding watching the games on the droid.. according to the commercial you can watch it...

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score

Will let you know if there is anything regarding watching the games on the droid.. according to the commercial you can watch it...

I think he meant espn360.com.

vthokies1996

Reaction score

I think he meant espn360.com.

ESPN360 was renamed to ESPN3.com. It's only available online.

vthokies1996

Reaction score

Here is a link to the details for the US World Cup bid:
United States 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup bid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The hosts for both the 2018 and 2022 World Cup will be announced this December.

I think the US' only chance is 2022. I think 2018 is England's to lose. They aren't going to wait until 2022 for the World Cup to return to Europe. 2022 will come down to a 3 way race between the US, Australia, and Qatar.