"Words with Friends" issues

liguy257

Reaction score
Does anyone use the Words with Friends free app and know how to keep yourself logged into it? As of right now I have to input my email address (username) pretty much every time I want to play and it gets very annoying. I also get a ton of force closes and can't figure out if it's possible to get notifications in the top bar when the other player has gone so I know it's my move without having to pull up the app.

i definitely like the idea of this app because it's a game played at your own pace, just need to work these kinks out.

lawdawg06

Reaction score
Same issue here, I don't think they've mastered the android version yet.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DJStormX

Reaction score
Havent had any problems with mine. Worked on my Droid, Droid X, and now thunderbolt. Maybe try uninstalling it and reinstalling it and sign in again??

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's my dilemma. I have the same issues as you do, but will take it a step further. When I installed the app on my Thunderbolt on Friday I signed in with my email address I used when I registered it on my D2, but it was asking for a password, and telling me I input it incorrectly. So, I was never able to finish games I had going on with a co-worker, my wife and my daughter. I ended up having to create a new account with a different email address and new screen name. If anyone wants to start a game with me, I am steelerCity (Yes, I didn't create it with a capital "S" in Steeler for some reason).

skeptik

Reaction score
Well, android version of this has a ton of known issues. From fc's, freezing, logging in, and over heating... which my D1 gets so hot when running this, I swear its going to melt in my hand. They need to get on this!

Sent from mah Droid1 using this forum app thing thing...

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
Well, android version of this has a ton of known issues. From fc's, freezing, logging in, and over heating... which my D1 gets so hot when running this, I swear its going to melt in my hand. They need to get on this!

Yeah what's up with that... it's actually a pretty cool app, I need it to work right I love the idea that you can just play at each person's pace. It sucks that the app has so many issues.

Do you guys have to log in constantly? I'll log in, play my turn, and then if I try to leave the app and go back in I get a FC, so I log in again, and sometimes AGAIN to get back to the game. No bueno.

rmwheeler

Reaction score
Here's my dilemma. I have the same issues as you do, but will take it a step further. When I installed the app on my Thunderbolt on Friday I signed in with my email address I used when I registered it on my D2, but it was asking for a password, and telling me I input it incorrectly. So, I was never able to finish games I had going on with a co-worker, my wife and my daughter. I ended up having to create a new account with a different email address and new screen name. If anyone wants to start a game with me, I am steelerCity (Yes, I didn't create it with a capital "S" in Steeler for some reason).

I had the same problem when I tried to log in with my Thunderbolt. Tried to log in with the account I created on my D1 and kept telling me I was entering an invalid password. I ended up clicking on the "forgot my password" button and it allowed me to create another one and I have been logged in since then. The notifications still don't work properly though. The android version definitely needs some work.

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
If anyone wants to start a game with me, I am steelerCity (Yes, I didn't create it with a capital "S" in Steeler for some reason).

I just downloaded the updated version so if that fixes some of the issues I'm having, I'll see if I can get a game going. Just be aware that I have to do this when I have time here and there so I can't promise it will be an expedient game.

Anyone having better luck after installing the update?

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
check that--the update is Worse!! It's like force-close city. WTF? Gonna have to try to email the developer on this one--it's bad.

drew

Reaction score
I had the same problem on the D1. Uninstalled it, reinstalled it, still no dice.

Went to "word feud" and have been living happily ever after.

I guess I shouldn't have expected as much from Zynga, makers of "Chore-ville", "Mafia Chore", "Frontier Chore", etc. Even their Poker android app was buggy.

Wordfeud. Might not be as "flashy", but it doesn't aggravate nearly as much.

zymler

Reaction score
Is there a non-typical way to uninstall? Anytime that I try to uninstall, nothing happens. Also, I downloaded the .app to my PC. Can I copy the .app file to my Droid and execute it that way? Don't know how to get around the FC's!

Thank you!

skeptik

Reaction score
This app is a lost cause until they fix it.. wordfeud is fine with me!

Sent from mah Droid1 using this forum app thing thing...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I installed the app on my Thunderbolt on Friday I signed in with my email address I used when I registered it on my D2, but it was asking for a password, and telling me I input it incorrectly. So, I was never able to finish games I had going on with a co-worker, my wife and my daughter. I ended up having to create a new account with a different email address and new screen name.
My wife had this issue on her iPhone. However, we just reset her password. Not saying that this would definitely have worked in your situation but it's worth a shot.

Yeah what's up with that...
It's a recent port from the iPhone world. Bugs and issues are to be expected.

Is there a non-typical way to uninstall?
What's the "typical" way you're using? You can uninstall via the Market or via Settings->Applications->Manage Applications. I'm sure if you're rooted there's a manual method as well.

Last edited: