Word Mole

droderick

Reaction score
I just got a droid and I was trying out my son's blackberry storm and I loved playing his Word Mole game. Can I download this game on my droid? If not, is there a droid game that is as much fun? Thanks.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, BB apps are not compatible with Android and vice-versa. Same goes with WebOS and Apple. What kind of game is it? Anagrams?

OP
D

droderick

Reaction score
It is a word game. Something like bookworm, but better.

Dmoralize

Reaction score
I haven't ever played Word Mole so i'm not sure exactly what it's like. But there is a game called "WORD UP" that looks similar. Might be worth checking out.

dataicu

Reaction score
Try Word King, pretty similar to word mole
Word King is no match for Word Mole. The word "Monday" isn't in the dictionary. I'll keep my Droid X for communications and my Storm with all communications off to play Word Mole and hope the developer makes one for Droid. Nothing compares. I even use the Blackberry simulator on the main computer now.

I paid for Word King while Word Mole was free with Blackberry, and while the Word Mole dictionary had some failings, it didn't exclude "Monday" as a word. I'd gladly pay $5 US for a Droid Word Mole version.

rackham

Reaction score
Hi Dataicu

I am actually the developer of Word King, and I want people to have a good time while playing so I was wondering if i could ask you some questions to see if i can improve the game...

1) Like many word games ( say scrabble and so on ) I decided not to allow proper-nouns, meaning words like Days of the week, months, people etc... and I possibly wrongly assumed this was a convention for word games. Do you think it would be better to allow these?

2) DO you have suggestions on how i could make word king better or more enjoyable?

I imagine that word mole is free because either blackberry developed it in-house or paid for the rights to have it pre-installed on their devices. I am just a solo developer so unfortunately I do not have the luxury of giving away apps for free!

Thanks for any help!

dataicu

Reaction score
Hi Dataicu

I am actually the developer of Word King, and I want people to have a good time while playing so I was wondering if i could ask you some questions to see if i can improve the game...

1) Like many word games ( say scrabble and so on ) I decided not to allow proper-nouns, meaning words like Days of the week, months, people etc... and I possibly wrongly assumed this was a convention for word games. Do you think it would be better to allow these?

2) DO you have suggestions on how i could make word king better or more enjoyable?

I imagine that word mole is free because either blackberry developed it in-house or paid for the rights to have it pre-installed on their devices. I am just a solo developer so unfortunately I do not have the luxury of giving away apps for free!

Thanks for any help!

Rackham:

I am more than happy to reply and make suggestions.

In answer to your first question, yes, it would be good to allow the proper nouns. Your dictionary otherwise seems very good thus far -- in just a few days of playing. The major improvement over the Word Mole dictionary is that yours allows the plural to be used much more broadly. For example, Word Mole allows "thousandth" but, unlike yours, does not allow "thousandths".

Other suggestions: Create a way to gain back the empty spaces. Those spaces are taken away in Word Mole, too, but by using adjacent letters in subsequent words, you can get those back. I also agree that the countdown of the last 10 seconds behind the grid is very distracting when you trying to hammer that last word to complete the level -- but, I'll probably get used to that after a while.

You can download a free Blackberry simulator from RIM (I used the 9530 simulator) which allows you to play the game on a desktop/notebook computer using the mouse instead of the touch screen -- if you are interested in playing it to see what I'm talking about.

As stated in my previous post, I'm happy to pay for this stuff, so don't think that "free" is a qualifier.

Thanks very much for your reply.

DataICU

dataicu

Reaction score
One more needed function

Hi Dataicu

Thanks for any help!

This one function is needed above all others: Make the app stop -- as if paused by the user -- whenever another event (incoming phone call, i.e.) takes the Droid user away automatically. That's standard in Word Mole -- showing a "resume game" prompt when returning to the app after a phone call.

I'll send more when it hits me.

DataICU