Won't Pair w/ LG Bluetooth Headset - wtf?

Colin

Reaction score
Got my Droid back in December, had an LG HBM 770 for a year or two before that. Originally the headset worked just fine w/ my Droid.

A week ago I got a replacement Droid (faulty headphone jack). I don't use my headset very often, and the first time I tried it, it acted a bit funny w/ the new phone - took a LONG time to connect to the phone. But no big deal, I never actually did any setup or anything, just turned it on and everything was automatic.

So today I go to use the headset and it won't connect. No matter how much I go thru the menu and choose my headset, it says it's paired but won't connect. So, maybe stupidly, I unpair the headset thinking I'll just start from scratch... Well, now the phone can't even see the headset, acts as if it's not even there. I used both pairing modes for the headset, made sure it was charged, turned the phone off/on, turned bluetooth off/on.... nothing I'm doing is working so either somethings busted or I'm missing something.

Any suggestions?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had this problem once with a Jabra headset, and it turned out to be a charging issue. I know you said you're sure your headset is charged, but double check just for kicks.

Other than that, I have no idea. Sorry dude.

OP
C

Colin

Reaction score
Well, I think I remember charging it a week or so ago, but forgot, so I just charged it this evening and tested it out before posting (headset led turns OFF when charged, so I know it's charged) and no luck, thus the post... thanks though.

loripittman

Reaction score
help

Hi I know u posted this question a long time ago but I am having the exact same problem. Did u ever solve the problem?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it won't pair it's either the headset or your device. See if the headset will pair with anything else. See if your device will pair with anything. Standard troubleshooting.