Woes of Verizon and a Power Cycling Phone

doomer4life

Reaction score
Ok this probably sound like a rant and it half is so I apologize first and foremost. I have been having trouble with my DX so I had called Verizon and they sent me a replacement phone today. I recieved the phone and because of all the problems people have with "Like-New" phones I did nothing with it but activate it and sign in to google. I did not install one app I did not remove one widget even from the homescreen. I even have the little android guy still on there telling me how to open my app drawer lol. Anyways the phone began power cycling so I pulled the battery and let it set for 15 to 20 minutes put battery back in. I booted into stock recovery and did a factory reset, powered back on the phone and did all the fun stuff all over again. Still not one app installed nor widget removed. Within 15 minutes the phone began power cycling again. So I grabbed my old old LG Dare (fun times) dialed *611 and talked to Verizon's Super Duper Technicians. After telling them all my issues they directed me to level 2 support. First thing he asked (as usual) do you have ATK installed? I informed him I did not and that if my phone requires ATK to be installed when it does not work out of box something is quite wrong with the device after some convincing he agreed with me. He asked me at some point how I was calling I told him my old deactivated phone, his response LITERALLY "How the hell you do that? Sorry for my language." I told him well if you dial *611 or *228 from any verizon phone activated or not it will connect to verizon. He then told me he was not aware of this ability :icon_eek: after I took a moment to collect myself he then told me to direct my phone to settings -> about phone -> system updates. I told him that I would do this but I know that my phone is up to date, he then told me nope I can promise you it is not if you are having this issue. I told him I am on system version 2.3.340 which in turn he said that must not be the new one. When I informed him that the phone told me no new updates are available my phone is up to date he was quiet for awhile (I wonder why). He then began telling me to power down the phone and boot into recovery by holding the home button, yada yada yada factory reset yada yada yada. I told him I had done this already but I will be happy to do it again for him (not at all sarcastic ;) ) and we powered on the phone at which point he started making his goodbye sentiments and before I even BEGAN typing in my google account information the phone began power cycling. The one good thing is he set me up with I call their Loyalty Team ( idk what to even say ) and supposedly tomorrow they will set me up with a brand new Droid X not a Like-New device. Now that my rant and what some may find amusing ( hearing about Verizons technicians ) I am calling upon the REAL experts to see if anyone knows a solution to fix my phone because I do not know how long it will take to receive my device and I will have to make do with this one until then. If I get to keep this one and someone on these forums can help me fix it I WILL be donating it to a well deserved Developer, though I have my doubts they will let me keep the device but I have no clue how these Loyalty Team people operate. So any recommendations?

OP
doomer4life

doomer4life

Reaction score
if anyone was curious the phone I believe to be fried I sbfd the phone and plugged it in to charge last night woke up this morning and the phone was off and could not get it to boot. I have a second charger and left it on there while I went to work and still nothing so I believe the phone is so to speak kaput :( and for future refrence Verizon's Loyalty Team is blue cross the insurance company. Which would charge me a deductible for the phone so I said no this is a manufactur defect not damage I placed upon the phone so now I must wait for my new "Like-New" phone :(