with the OTA jb releasing can more ppl verify pdanet+foxfi

PVC

Reaction score
VZW FoxFi/PdaNet wifi blocking

My daughter and I both have RAZR's, but she always answers NO to the IceCream Sandwich upgrade...however, I did

Last night I was upgraded to JellyBean without any Y/N options and like everyone else...no more FoxFi/PdaNet!!!

Is it possible to "downgrade" the OS back to IceCream Sandwich?

Everything seemed to worked well on that OS version or has VZW blocked WiFi from all OS versions?

Thanks...PVC

grolson

Reaction score
My daughter and I both have RAZR's, but she always answers NO to the IceCream Sandwich upgrade...however, I did

Last night I was upgraded to JellyBean without any Y/N options and like everyone else...no more FoxFi/PdaNet!!!

Is it possible to "downgrade" the OS back to IceCream Sandwich?

Everything seemed to worked well on that OS version or has VZW blocked WiFi from all OS versions?

Thanks...PVC

Hi PVC, I was not asked prior to the update either. I lost my FOXFI wireless but I have been able to use it tethered via usb cable and have read other threads who have successful used it via bluetooth though I have not gotten there yet. the PDAnet works on mine so try your settings to see if something is amiss, btw, I have not had to Root yet so good luck. I rooted my last Droid X and had a lot of success but so far no need yet on the MAx but I will if I need to.

Jxpinc

Reaction score
I disabled Motorola services in my app list and have yet to get the update or running into any problems. I want to keep ICS for now but what problems will I run into if I keep Motorola services disabled?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ricks

Reaction score
Where can I get a cable for my maxx to connect my daughters Asus tablet when she's away from wifi?

greyghost04

Reaction score
Go to monoprice.com. Look for a usbmini to 30 pin apple , if you have an ipad. Oherwise look for what your pad has as a jack.

ainzwurth

Reaction score
Where can I get a cable for my maxx to connect my daughters Asus tablet when she's away from wifi?

I have not been able to find a way to tether a tablet with a wired connection. As far as I know wired tethering a tablet is not possible.

greyghost04

Reaction score
Guys,
It's really easy to root with Razr Blade. Then you spend $3 for Sqlite and in effect turn off the block to your wi fi tether app. If you can't figure out how to do it, I'll walk you thru it.

ainzwurth

Reaction score
Guys,
It's really easy to root with Razr Blade. Then you spend $3 for Sqlite and in effect turn off the block to your wi fi tether app. If you can't figure out how to do it, I'll walk you thru it.

I rooted with RAZR blade over the weekend and using wireless tether from the play store. I was just trying to save ricks some money and headache of trying to wired tether his tablet.

greyghost04

Reaction score
I rooted with RAZR blade over the weekend and using wireless tether from the play store. I was just trying to save ricks some money and headache of trying to wired tether his tablet.

Good job :icon_ lala: