With no update on the 22nd who wants to bet...

Do you think they will?

• Yes! That would be epic!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! What's wrong with you?

• Other?

• Total voters

VIRominoff

Reaction score
The update will come out on the 27th, the same day as the apple anounments?

ips

Reaction score
If its ready by then that wouldnt be too bad of an idea... but at the same time the spotlight will be on apple that day no matter what, they are announcing something big, not just a semi small update to already released hardware.

pb8185

Reaction score
I don't see the connection between these two events, why would it matter?

ips

Reaction score
Hes probably thinking that they want to compete with apple for attention and try to steal some of Apples thunder. If anything apple would steal android thunder because like I said a major press conference and new hardware and software will easily beat out an OTA software update.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i know for a FACT

the update is coming out sometime in the future

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i know for a FACT

the update is coming out sometime in the future

NO WAI! OMGZ we have a psychic. ;) Sorry just giving you hell. Yeah i don't see this as a problem, if it's not out yet, there is a reason. Most likely 2.1 had a few more issues to resolve.

shademar

Reaction score
Doubt very much it will happen, but this would be particularly brilliant if moto were to say, enable multitouch in even a single droid 2.1 native app. (Which wouldn't so out of line with recent statements from their CEO.)

Such an action would pretty much guarantee that half or more of the articles about the i-thing mention android in a competitive light (moto/google stepping up their competition as apple unveils their latest.) If the i-thing is even slightly below expectations, these sorts of comparisons turn into 'is apple feeling the heat?' style-narratives.

Absolutely insane fanperson flame wars would erupt up on every gadget and phone site. These are going to happen anyways, but this would focus the debate.

Does it deflate apple's announcements in any way? No, but you get a free tether to the crazy hype and publicity surrounding the apple announcement in a way that encourages the media and the public to view you as a head-to-head contender. (Compare the percentage of iphone OS to android OS web hits a year ago and you'll see how insane the fact that they've grown to the point where these sorts of comparisons seem natural really is.)

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
NO WAI! OMGZ we have a psychic. ;) Sorry just giving you hell. Yeah i don't see this as a problem, if it's not out yet, there is a reason. Most likely 2.1 had a few more issues to resolve.

:) id rather wait 2 months and have a stable/fast rom than 1 week and have a buggy/laggy/unstable rom

Echo3

Reaction score
The update will come out on the 27th, the same day as the apple anounments?

I doubt it, but it would be make sense though. Since Apple will [supposingly] announce OS 4.0 which will *rumored* to have new GUI/Notifications , new ways to run apps in background (multitasking?), multi-touch gestures OS-wide, new syncing capabilities......

justbob

Reaction score
Let's see. . . Apple unveils sexy, shiny new iProduct vs Verizon's release of a minor version upgrade for a smartphone. Can't really see that as any copmetition really.

xjman349

Reaction score
Let's see. . . Apple unveils sexy, shiny new iProduct vs Verizon's release of a minor version upgrade for a smartphone. Can't really see that as any copmetition really.

Something from apple is coming for us Verizon Wireless users. :)

ips

Reaction score
well isnt that just a rumor as of now? Neither the tablet that will most likely be announced or an iphone have been announced for VZW yet... but I'd love to see how ATT could compete with VZW if they do get an iphone.

kwood

Reaction score
It wouldn't be a competition anymore, ATT would just spontaneously combust and VZW would then rule the "mobile world".

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ummm i heard that 2.1 is coming on 2.1.2010 :D if i told ya where from i'd have ta kill ya'z