Wisdom teeth

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
OMG! Wtf... :shocked:If my teeth are impacted: [video=youtube;ceAOVae8RfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceAOVae8RfA]YouTube - third molar extraction / wisdom tooth removal by lingual split technique[/video]
Im officially freaked out now. Im fine with shots and IV's but this? :( My stomach hurts now, not from the site of blood but the thought of my mouth being cut like that. A chisel isnt cool... expecially if im feeling this. I dont care if it numb, i think i would have an anxiety attack just from the feeling of my tooth being chiseled from its place. Is it true that even when they put you under you can hear then and feel it? On a random site i just read a person was put under and he could hear his doctor and feel his tooth coming out. On top of that i have my moms story of when she got hers they were all impacted and when the doctor pulled them out she could feel them cracking from the pliers. :icon_ nono2::eek:hmy::eek::censored:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trust me, you will take the painkillers. They will cut you open and take out all the wisdom teeth most likely.
The pain you are having is most likely the fact that they are growing in and pushing the rest of your teeth forward.
I would guess that there are very few people with all of their teeth (including wisdom teeth) in this country.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
OMG! Wtf... :shocked:If my teeth are impacted: YouTube - third molar extraction / wisdom tooth removal by lingual split technique
Im officially freaked out now. Im fine with shots and IV's but this? :( My stomach hurts now, not from the site of blood but the thought of my mouth being cut like that. A chisel isnt cool... expecially if im feeling this. I dont care if it numb, i think i would have an anxiety attack just from the feeling of my tooth being chiseled from its place. Is it true that even when they put you under you can hear then and feel it? On a random site i just read a person was put under and he could hear his doctor and feel his tooth coming out. On top of that i have my moms story of when she got hers they were all impacted and when the doctor pulled them out she could feel them cracking from the pliers. :icon_ nono2::eek:hmy::eek::censored:

When they put you out, you're out. That's it. The end. Until you wake up later with your wisdom teeth out. If you do hear or see anything (or wake up at all for that matter) during the procedure, you won't remember it at all. They do a great job to help you get through this. Here's a barebones procedure of how my experience went.

I go into the waiting room scared sh*tless. Doc calls me in. Gives me the gas while he tells me to relax and goes over everything he's gonna do. I'm relaxed, very relaxed. Gas is relaxing haha. Then he put the needle (IV) in my arm telling me that it will knock me out. He counted backwards from 10, and by the time he hit about 6 or 7, that was the last thing I remember until I woke up. No pain.

Later on after the numbness went away, I was thankful to have drugs (vicodin) because I was a little sore. Didn't eat much for a few days, and took a lot of vicodin 1. Because I had it to take, 2. It helped a lot with the soreness. After a couple of days, back to normal food and everything is fine again.

Don't let this procedure scare you, its not bad. And I'm not tough as nails either. I had my gums cut open, tooth pulverized and vacuumed out and then sewn back up. No biggy, I was asleep the whole time. It really is not as bad as it seems...

Play a jam!

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
In dentist now... Now I will have to wait to see if I got to have em pulled. I'm hoping...and still freakin... but I'm glad to hear I will be out the hole time if I do.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

LaxzBro

Reaction score
I had three adult teeth cut out, lot.different than getting em pulled. The laughing gas for the IV did surprise me. She gave me the gas and I remember feeling lightheaded. She asked me how I felt and next thing I know I wake up on a couch somewhere in the building with gauze in my mouth. You will not be able to think straight for an hour or two and you will slur your words like crazy. The only pain you experience is after you wake up, and even with that I was fine with frequent doses of advil, no morphine this time :(

Lax bro, closet geek

Vandy343

Reaction score
Well I figured I would update you I justt got mine out about an hour ago the laughing gas made me not have a care in the worl. Numbed me up let me sit for a bitdoctor came in and I was jamming to pandora to some good ol country music and he just did his thing. Some slight discomfort but that took about 5 minutes.

I got penacillin a high dose of ibuprofun and percecet just now starting to feel some pain mom is getting meds now. So I guess the worst is yet to come.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Ouch do u really need to get ur wisdom teeth pulled people still have theirs I heard you just need to get them pulled if they cause discomfort or crooken ur teeth

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Vandy343

Reaction score
They were gonna grow into my teeth numbings wearing off buggers are really starting to hurt now and my mother isn't back with my painkillers yet.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk