Wireless Hot Spot App

WanderMan

Reaction score
I don't want to come across as the "data usage police" but if a lot of people do this it could ruin the "unlimited data" option we all currently enjoy.

ATT is getting ready to get rid of the unlimited data option becasue their crappy network can't handle all the smartphone traffic.. IF we abuse the priviledge too much Verizon could follow suit..

Cap My iPhone? Try This Instead, AT&T | Epicenter | Wired.com

Just a thought.

Thanks for your thought, now here is my thought. If Verizon's can't handle the traffic their customers want, then they do no deserve us as customers.

We want unlimited data, if Verizon can't provide it, we'll just go to T-mobile or some other company that offer unlimited data.

This is a free market. I want to be a Verizon customer if Verizon is the best network, if they can't handle the traffic, then they are not the best anymore.

FYI, I used to have the capability to turn my phone into a wifi hotspot on my old Alltel Touchpro, but since I switched to the Verizon Droid, I lost that capability.

I did not expect that. I thought the Droid was the best phone out there, so it would be able to do anything the Alltell Touchpro could do. This does not look good for Verizon so far... I hope the app becomes available soon.

Stevefhu

Reaction score
I don't want to come across as the "data usage police" but if a lot of people do this it could ruin the "unlimited data" option we all currently enjoy.

ATT is getting ready to get rid of the unlimited data option becasue their crappy network can't handle all the smartphone traffic.. IF we abuse the priviledge too much Verizon could follow suit..

Cap My iPhone? Try This Instead, AT&T | Epicenter | Wired.com

Just a thought.

ATT's problem isn't their "crappy" network it's that their network is saturated by iPhone traffic in areas. If you would do your research you would find that out.

Last edited:

alm0614

Reaction score
if you are rooted check out wifitether.. not i the app market but just google it..

Tsander

Reaction score
I can't seem to find an app to turn my Droid into a wireless hot spot. Is there one available?

Thanks.

the only 3g hotspot i know of is barnical teather it is free in app store but you have to root your droid first