wireless ecryprtion and the droid

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
With WEP I connect fine and can get on the internet and so forth. However with WPA and WPA2 I find that I can connect but not get on the internet.

Anyone else notice this? Is the phone just not caught up with that security yet?

drowe

Reaction score
I use WPA2 every day without any problems. Stock ROM 2.01.

mossostdrauka

Reaction score
i have DM 1.0 and since i flashed the ROM i cant connect to my wifi with WPA either. My droid gets stuck on "obtaining IP address"

zerosignal0

Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with the wifi kernel hack. I have seen this with previous versions of chevys kernel in regard to connecting to wifi(phone) with ubuntu 9.10. My suggestion would be to replace the wifi hack kernel with the original or use a different rom that doesnt use it.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with the wifi kernel hack. I have seen this with previous versions of chevys kernel in regard to connecting to wifi(phone) with ubuntu 9.10. My suggestion would be to replace the wifi hack kernel with the original or use a different rom that doesnt use it.

I actually had problems before I rooted. :icon_eek:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
WPA2 (AES-TKIP) with 3 separate routes (with MAC filters on 2), no problems with stock or cooked ROMs. I've helped a few people here on the forums before and it's ALWAYS come down to user error with one setting or another on their end OR a older (usually cheap) router. Linksys and Netgears work fine. Seen a few Belkin (POS) that have had issues.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
WPA2 (AES-TKIP) with 3 separate routes (with MAC filters on 2), no problems with stock or cooked ROMs. I've helped a few people here on the forums before and it's ALWAYS come down to user error with one setting or another on their end OR a older (usually cheap) router. Linksys and Netgears work fine. Seen a few Belkin (POS) that have had issues.

I've set up many a routers and I just noticed that the latest that I set up, would connect, but wouldn't get to the internet.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
What kind of ISP? Some DSL providers are now requiring modems four newer routers (i.e. you can't just put your PPOI info into the router you have to use the modem)... took mgr six hours with half a dozen techs figure that out when I bought a new dual band rupert last month.... and it was a tech from the router company NOT the ISP that figured it out (I had been using that ISP for three years w/o a modem... but this new router requires it...

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
For me the one in question is Comcast cable.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Comcast works great for me here in TN. Had it for four years now and speed and "up time"are great. They are as good or better than any competitors around here but that is likely dependent on location.