Wireless charging

ffontaine

Reaction score
I have my S6 in a Body Glove case. Does anyone know if the wireless charging will work with the phone in a case?? The is made of a flexible plastic material.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Depending on which wireless charger you're using, yes it should. The only cases I've seen have a problem are the Otter box Defender and LifeProof cases....simply because their so thick and heavy duty. Otherwise most cases won't give you a problem.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I have my S6 in a Body Glove case. Does anyone know if the wireless charging will work with the phone in a case?? The is made of a flexible plastic material.

Thanks

It should work with the case. My S6 edge+ works with a semi thin TPU type case on it and I believe I have read somewhere the even with an Otterbox type case it works just fine as well.

from my sexy edge+

Reactions: cr6

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Our S6 charges wirelessly in the Verizon shell holster case.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mikecox

Reaction score
I have an s6 with a Samsung case, that opens like a book. I have two wireless chargers. The flat Techmate charger works instantly, the ITian, that holds the phone at 45 degrees, not so quickly; I have to slide it around until it engages, which it always does, eventually.

OP
F

ffontaine

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll pickup a wireless charger on eBay.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I ended up buying a Chinese wireless charger last year for about $7. Surprisingly, it was an amazing purchase. I've used it with the G2, G3, G4, and S6. Flawless.

OP
F

ffontaine

Reaction score
I bought a Samsung wireless charger on eBay. My S6 is in a Body Glove case from Walmart and it charges fine, no more cables..

So don't believe what the Verizon rep tell you, he told me it would NOT work. It works fine.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Depending on which wireless charger you're using, yes it should. The only cases I've seen have a problem are the Otter box Defender and LifeProof cases....simply because their so thick and heavy duty. Otherwise most cases won't give you a problem.
I've actually never had a problem through otterbox defenders.. Except they get hot and the silicon sleeve expands...and it doesn't fit right after about 6 months of constant qi charges..but ymmv