Wipe without auto restoring apps

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I usually do the "tap the four corners trick" to keep from auto restoring my apps but the last time I did it they restored any way... any ideas why?

I am on MIUI 1.1.22.1.... I did use the miui backup app to back up my apps to sd card... that is the only thing I did differently... could this be why they restored?

Also I noticed when whiping there was an error on sd-ext wipe... not sure what that is about either..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
First, you might not have sd-ext, so it just skips it during wipe.
As for the installing before even signing in and syncing, that is so weird it is like travolta and like how he'd say it, "It's so weihrd".
Not sure unless it is specific to how MIUI does things when updating ROM and has items backed up immediately re-install.
Hopefully one of the geniuses behind porting this to we the lucky may have an idea.

OP
starscream

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.. I deleted my MIUI apps back-up and re wiped just to see what would happen, the apps didn't auto restore this time.. so maybe it was just restoring them from the sd card...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

lmdodds

Reaction score
could you please explain the "tap the four corners" trick?? i would like my apps to not restore when i install a new rom. i even tried uninstalling them before i wiped but they still came up after installing new rom

thanks in advance :)

hoppermi

Reaction score
Here you go

[video=youtube;L5XjF6sPef4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5XjF6sPef4[/video]

After you restore your apps, just sign in to your google account or start gmail to sync your contacts and such. You may have to clear data and cache in the market app to get your apps to show on the My Apps page for updating.

Last edited: