Winulator Shows Off Starcraft and More Running on Android

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;3_enV3Mc6NM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3_enV3Mc6NM[/video]​

In the past, emulators designed to help you run older Windows games on Android have been lackluster. For the most part, they suffered from weak controls for a number of different reasons, primarily because of the difficulty of translating certain control schemes to a touch-screen. A new beta is being developed called Winulator that seeks to change that. Here's a quote with some of the details,

Yet here comes Winulator – an ambitious project that aims to assist classic games in getting along with touchscreens. In a nutshell, you're provided with a tool that converts Windows executable files into code that Android understands and an application to run that code with.

For now, the only supported game is Caesar III, but StarCraft support is coming along nicely and should be completed soon. In the video above, you can see Starcraft working pretty well on an Android, which is pretty exciting if you want to "wax nostalgic" with some of your old favorite PC games on an Android device. You can download the beta of Winulator free on the Google Play Store.

Source: Winulator and Google Play Store

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
That's great news. I love me some StarCraft. :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

comk4ver

Reaction score
Half the current phones are better than the computers we used to play star craft back then.

azules9780

Reaction score
OK, I have to get tablet now just for StarCraft. That is awesome and what is being done with these little devices is amazing.

Iuvussac

Reaction score
Okay. Now we only need a mouse and a keyboard. And than we can play with comfort. :happy3: Wait, oh...

PatrickJ

Reaction score
Very cool! What's the difference between the beta & paid version?