Windows XP Running On Android Wear

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The video above shows a very slimmed down version of Windows XP running on the LG G Watch. As you can see this is not very practical and actually getting it to boot sounds to have been quite the chore. However this serves as a proof of concept that Windows XP can actually run on a smart watch. Back in 2001 when Windows XP was released it required a pretty powerful desktop or laptop. We now have technology capable of running this on our wrists which is pretty amazing when you think about it!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Pretty cool... Obviously completely impractical in the font size seen, however it's not impractical to think that the watch could at least be used to receive and transmit documents, PDFs etc, or run a full-screen window of a music player or video player for instance. I have NO doubt that SOMEONE is seriously considering how to turn the watch into the completely portable workstation. I am sure we will see it in our lifetimes.

You go to work, pick up your Bluetooth desktop mouse and you're using the Bluetooth keyboard, while the video screen is receiving the entire video stream from your watch.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Impressive. Pretty cool they were able to get XP on it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I guess my only question is, why?
I said the same thing when I saw the iPhone 3gs and og droid running Windows 95 back in the day. It is a proof of concept and a test of the capabilities of the hardware.
In the real world the idea for most is useless but what it can build into in the future can be priceless.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
That's pretty cool. If there is a will there is a way. I'd like to see it created as a productive OS. I enjoyed xp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk