Windows Phone 8 Launcher for Android Handsets Running 2.2 and Higher

Pengu1n

Reaction score
jayman350 said:
Bionic is not supported, too bad I was looking forward to checking this out

I have a bionic and it worked for me... i played with it for a few minutes and it was pretty cool but went back to apex for time being b/c i didn't have the time to fully set it up

jayman350

Reaction score
I have a bionic and it worked for me... i played with it for a few minutes and it was pretty cool but went back to apex for time being b/c i didn't have the time to fully set it up

found it, i was searching for launcher 8 and of course that won't show up b/c i put a space in the name, search for launcher8 and it shows up

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm enjoying this on my D3.

I'm not saying it was aliens...but it was aliens.

xtor

Reaction score
nuclearbier said:
Why would anyone want this Romper Room looking launcher? Just curious what the draw is?

I'm with you

8th Infantry division

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
I decided to try it in the spirit of getting a taste of Windows 8 since I'm getting a new computer in a couple months.

I like it. Gives me an option to switch it up from Go Launcher EX, which I like as well.

When I first installed Anall Lockescreen I changed the color but it didn't take and now I can't remember how I did it before. Tapping on the app in the Drawer or under Manage Applications does nothing. Doesn't help that I deleted the Lock Tile that is there by default on install. HAHA

Also, I tried sideloading on my Kindle Fire and it won't work, sadly. I would really like to mess around with this on a tablet.

Overall, I give it high marks.

bucyouup68

Reaction score
If you go into your setting and select 24 hour clock, and then deselect it. It will fix the 24 hour clock problem.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Why would anyone want this Romper Room looking launcher? Just curious what the draw is?
If you like Windows 8, which I do, it's a pretty cool launcher. Still running it as a matter of fact :big smile:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i ran it for a few hours on my phone i liked it .. i love windows 8 just waiting on vzw to release a phone worth having

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Yfaf5ZOqx9A]http://youtu.be/Yfaf5ZOqx9A[/video]​

If you are a closet fan of Windows Phone 8 and want to experience a taste of it on your Android Handset, you may want to download and try this great launcher. There are a couple of small issues that will not effect usability and those are covered in the video. One thing that we did not mention in the video is that once you change out the Wallpaper on your lock-screen you will no longer be able to get the Windows Phone 8 Lock screen wallpaper back. The launcher is smooth, will not degrade the performance of your handset and is great with battery life (even with the Live Tiles). Take a look and give it a shot. Enjoy!

Head on over to the PlayStore and Download Launcher 8

Currently playing with this launcher on my note 2. Be cool if a dev or themer could make a launcher that adds the minimalist of windows tile with the pizazz of android launchers.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
I'm still using this and the last 2 updates have really improved it. If you tried to create a folder tile it would FC. That is fixed. Creating an app group is still messed up I think but with the folder option fixed I'm not too worried about that.

Overall I think it's an excellent launcher. I think GO Launcher EX was actually bogging me X2 down because switching resulted in better performance.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like this, a lot. Makes me want to consider a Windows phone next time around. Only glitch so far is the lock screen. This launcher overrides your stock lock screen, so you cannot have a password to unlock it. My GF's phone was stolen last week and so we learned the hard way that you need to keep your phone locked. Between personal pics and stuff, you also have access to your Gmail, work email, social media, etc... A lot of things that can help steal your identity, or gain access to mobile banking, etc...

We have Gotya! installed, which silently snaps a pic of any incorrect PIN entry, and emails you a picture of the jerk trying to get into your phone along with a GPS location, but with this launcher, it bypasses the PIN unlock screen, so Gotya never activates and anyone can access your phone even when you have a PIN set up.

To me, this is only one flaw in the launcher, but it is a SERIOUS one.