Will Verizon stores get demo Xs anytime soon so we can try it out early?

kimbr22

Reaction score
Droid X at corporate store near Grand Rapids, MI

I have an old high school classmate that works for a corporate Verizon store near Grand Rapids, MI (dont want to get him into too much trouble) and they received 2 Moto Droid X working display mules last week. I stopped in Monday and he pulled one from the back for me to gaze at. Nice feeling unit. He was careful to pull My wife and I into the dead corner of the store as to not draw too much attention. He said he is not able to reserve one for me as of yet, but he indicated that he will be able to get one for me for $99.99 with no rebates on or slightly before launch on the 15th. I not so patiently await the upgrade.

OP
just4747

just4747

Reaction score
I went into one of my local Verizon corporate stores today (real one) and they also said no early demo models, probably not until release day.

I mean honestly, it really is a crappy attempt to get people to use/try the phone before release. I know once they release it they will probably have them there anyway, but jeez.

kimbr22

Reaction score
I know some stores have them now, they just dont have authorization to let you see it. Have personally played with one at a corporate VZW store and that store cannot be the only one with working mules. Im sure major market stores (NY, Chicago, LA)have them now if Grand Rapids stores have them.