Will the HTC Rezound fit into the DroidX car dock?

marioval

Reaction score
Silly question I know but I am getting a Rezound soon and I have the OEM car mount from my X and I wonder if anyone else has both of these and can confirm. The Rezound and the X are about the same size and the charger port looks to be in roughly the same spot on the side of the phone. Thanks

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would think that it won't work. If you look at a standard micro-USB charger, the micro-USB port actually fits backward/upside down in the Rezound.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
I suppose I could just remove the plug in the dock and drill a hole and manually stick the charger cable through the hole and into the phone. I wonder if the dock would put my phone into car mode though?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I suppose I could just remove the plug in the dock and drill a hole and manually stick the charger cable through the hole and into the phone. I wonder if the dock would put my phone into car mode though?

Is the dock mode still a magnetic spot on the back or are the docks using "accessory mode"

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
I think its a magnet but i'm not 100% sure.

Snoking

Reaction score
I could not get my Rezound to react to the magnet in my home made mount! Chris

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

corki2

Reaction score
I tried my Rezound in my DX car dock. It didn't work too well. It doesn't fit. I ended up buying the Rezound dock.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk