Can someone recommend a car charger for my Rezound?

mmcompute

Reaction score
I'm not paying my local Verizon store $45 for a car charger and the one I bought at Wal-Mart only lasted about a week. I have a Razr too but the Rezound has that funny usb connector port that doesn't fit every mimi-usb connector out there. I'm going nuts trying to find one. Can anyone recommend a car charger that will work with the rezound?

Thanks!

acejavelin

Reaction score
The Rezound supports any standard micro-USB connector and any quality charger that supplies 5V/1A or higher, just like most Motorola, Samsung, Casio, HTC, LG, and about every other new phone. I always use the ones at Sam's Club for about $10, never had one fail although I have lost a couple to children or "questionable" friends :)

The "funny" USB connector you are referring to is not necessary, in fact in many cases it has damaged connectors on the phone. I do not use the stock ones at all on either of my Rezounds.

OP
M

mmcompute

Reaction score
The Rezound supports any standard micro-USB connector and any quality charger that supplies 5V/1A or higher, just like most Motorola, Samsung, Casio, HTC, LG, and about every other new phone. I always use the ones at Sam's Club for about $10, never had one fail although I have lost a couple to children or "questionable" friends :)

The "funny" USB connector you are referring to is not necessary, in fact in many cases it has damaged connectors on the phone. I do not use the stock ones at all on either of my Rezounds.

That's what I thought too - any mini-usb should work but I have two that simply will not charge the Rezound but they do charge my Razr. :blink: I guess I'll make a trip to sams to get one of theirs. I'm without a charger so I'm sort of desperate.

acejavelin

Reaction score
That's what I thought too - any mini-usb should work but I have two that simply will not charge the Rezound but they do charge my Razr. :blink: I guess I'll make a trip to sams to get one of theirs. I'm without a charger so I'm sort of desperate.
MICRO-USB, not a mini-USB like the Original flip Razr... If you are using a micro-USB and it plugs in properly and does not charge the Rezound, but does charge other microUSB devices, there is a good chance there more wrong here than just a bad charger.