Will the back cover of the Droid HD stands for scratches with no case?

B

blakechan

Hi, guys, I'm now thinking about transferring to the Droid HD instead of my old phone, but I'm wondering if the back cover of it can stands for scratches without case cause I don't like using case at all. Is there anyone who has the same thought like me? :)

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Hi, guys, I'm now thinking about transferring to the Droid HD instead of my old phone, but I'm wondering if the back cover of it can stands for scratches without case cause I don't like using case at all. Is there anyone who has the same thought like me? :)

This was one of my concerns too. When I got the phone, I bought that Verizon Shell Holster Case and screen protectors (had them "professionally" install one of the screen protectors and did an AMAZING job.

Now, I have since returned the case as it really serves no true function to protect the phone. And let me tell you, this back Kevlar on the phone has not a scratch, nothing. It feels great when making a call, I truly believe no case is needed for this phone in terms of scratching (get a front screen protector though, you will feel better)

The beauty of this phone is completely taken away once a case is added IMHO. Though if you drop it, and it breaks, your out a lot of money, but its a very durable phone, Motorola knew what they were doing when they made this phone.

As far as the Gorilla glass, dont think it is unbreakable, no one makes an unbreakable screen, YET.