Will other phone batteries fit the Droid X?

rabbit1080

Reaction score
Yeah I know, I'm the 400th person to ask this week. My question is this; Droid X's come with a 1500mah battery, which is pretty standard. Are there any other model batteries (by model I mean a battery from a different phone) that fit a Droid X? I would love to have a 1800+ mah battery. One that fits my X without having a different battery door. I know ebay and the other sites sell 3000+ mah batteries. That is great for people who want those. Personally the Droid X is already too big in my opinion. Im not looking to add more bulk to this bulky phone. I am willing to pay for a slighty longer battery life, just dont want a huge bulky battery. There has to be something in the 1800-2000mah range that will fit inside my oem battery door? Please advise, I would love to get a few more hrs on my phone per charge. Thanks

turdbogls

Reaction score
i wouldn't even try putting another phones battery into the DX. it is a certain shape/size so the chances if it actually fitting is slim. there are plenty of extended batteries out there but most if not all require a new battery door. but they dont add much bulk from what i have seen.

R

rdiehl13

i know it probably is not recommended but in my phone i am using the extended battery from verizon with the stock battery door. dont get me wrong, its a snug fit but it works.