Will not vibrate

tennislvr8

Reaction score
Please help, regardless of what I do, I cannot get my Driod X2 to vibrate when set to vibrate only. It will vibrate when it is on ring but no other time. When I check sound setting, the box to silence all is checked, I uncheck it and it puts the phone on ring. When I switch back to vibrate that box is checked again. Any thoughts, I have the latest software.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Under Settings>Sound what is Vibrate set to: Always, Never, Only in Silent mode, or Only when not in Silent mode?

OP
tennislvr8

tennislvr8

Reaction score
I have tried every combinati n possible. It will vibrate for calls and nothing else.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to set things individually. If you want it to vibrate for texts you need to open SMS, hit Menu, then Options and set it to vibrate. Might seem like overkill but some people are very specific as to what they want it to vibrate for and what they simply want notifications for.

OP
tennislvr8

tennislvr8

Reaction score
I did that. I also reset phone to factory settings. Didnt help

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Go to the Market and get the free app called Sound Manager in the menu go to Vibrate Settings and set your vibrate to your preference. I had a similar issue, this fixed it.

Edit: I have version 2, both apps listed by same dev

Last edited:
OP
tennislvr8

tennislvr8

Reaction score
AZ i cannot thank you enough. I wish i had enough patience to wait for your response before i did factory reset. But you are a life saver. Thanksssss

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I fought with my phone for a couple days on this vibrate problem, I did the factory reset, even had my phone replaced(for this and a couple other issues) and the replacement did the same. Someone told me about the Sound Manager app. Glad it worked for you too, sorry I didn't see this thread sooner, maybe could have saved you the reset :)

OP
tennislvr8

tennislvr8

Reaction score
I did the same thing as you. Was going to call tech support. Took it to store but they are idiots. Funny thing is it does not vibrate for email.

KNicole

Reaction score
I really like that handcent gives you the options to have your phone vibrate and make a sound when you send a text so that you know it went through. I have all of these setting turned on (even notification in status bar to see if it would work) but its not vibrating or making a noise OR showing up in the status bar. I would really just like to be able to make it vibrate and make a noise. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. THANKS!

KNicole

Reaction score
I should also mention that when I first installed Handcent, this setting did work and then all of the sudden it stopped vibrating and making the noise that I had set for when I send a message