Will my Droid be ok (pulled battery while updating to 2.1)

Xpain

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I'm somewhat tech savvy. Typical guy who knows more than Best Buy sales guys (love listening to them when I can sense they have no clue WTF they're talking about). So once again, no expert but no ignorant either. And enough with the apologies... while my Droid was updating, right after rebooting, when the red eye showed up it took forever, so after a good 4 - 5 minutes I thought I might have done something wrong (don't remember 2.0.1 taking that long) and I pulled off the battery. Just a second later I thought that I shouldn't have done that, and I checked the forums... and precisely, everyone was saying that it took forever to reboot. I wanted to kill myself for being so stupid. And my question is, may I have damaged anything? Everything works fine so far, better than before the update actually (for obvious reasons). The only thing that did not work was the nswplayer app, which I think it stopped working because it might not be compatible with 2.1 (pulled that out of my @$$).

Thanks in advance.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
I'm no expert, but I'm somewhat tech savvy. Typical guy who knows more than Best Buy sales guys (love listening to them when I can sense they have no clue WTF they're talking about). So once again, no expert but no ignorant either. And enough with the apologies... while my Droid was updating, right after rebooting, when the red eye showed up it took forever, so after a good 4 - 5 minutes I thought I might have done something wrong (don't remember 2.0.1 taking that long) and I pulled off the battery. Just a second later I thought that I shouldn't have done that, and I checked the forums... and precisely, everyone was saying that it took forever to reboot. I wanted to kill myself for being so stupid. And my question is, may I have damaged anything? Everything works fine so far, better than before the update actually (for obvious reasons). The only thing that did not work was the nswplayer app, which I think it stopped working because it might not be compatible with 2.1 (pulled that out of my @$$).

Thanks in advance.
as long as you did not pull it when you were in recovery then it should be ok. did it start up is it running ok.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would say as long as everything booted ok now you should be fine..

It does take a bit longer to compile after a big update like that.. battery pull is often one of the only things you can do to get out of a jam.. as long as you are comfortable wiping and re-flashing if need be.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
as long as you did not pull it when you were in recovery then it should be ok. did it start up is it running ok.

not trying to argue with you or be a smart ass in any way.. lol but why is it a problem to pull while in recovery?

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

Thanks in advance.

not trying to argue with you or be a smart ass in any way.. lol but why is it a problem to pull while in recovery?

i wont have time to move new files and do things.