Will 2.2 have Swype

Robin W

Reaction score
swype on moto droid with 2.2

Thanks so much.

I signed up on the website. It says that it's closed and they will notify when available.

Do you think it is anywhere else?

Thanks again, really appreciate it!

Shiftyshadee

Reaction score
You could try this.

Sent from the Matrix via payphone.

Sorry about having to do this, but we can't have any links up for downloading Swype from user to user as we can get in a fair amount of trouble from them. If y'all want to talk by e-mail, that's fine, but we can't post public links.

Last edited by a moderator:

stevevetter

Reaction score
Hmm,

Used both SWYPE and Shapewriter, preferring the latter.

SlideIT blows. I don't care for the way it predicts, but what is worse is that the symbols and numbers are all on a second page. No long press for anything on the main keyboard? why?

Last thing: On the HTC keyboard, the voice recognition seems to work better than the already good Android voice recognition. I would LOVE to see that microphone button on a swype-style keyboard!

kmo

Reaction score
I too gave up on trying to get swype on my DINC. I'm using SlideIt as well, works fine for my needs. I don't always use this input method but I do use it a lot..... If swype does resurface I'll give it a try, just not going to wait for something that could be a long time coming. Mean while I have an app that does a good job for me.