Wifi working but Login issues?

milimar

Reaction score
:motdroidvert: Droid X, How does one share/get the files off an XP computer when connected to WIFI? I have WIFI access to the web and is great but, can't see my shared folders on XP. Used this app that came on the phone media share??? and Files to search. All I see are certain ip addresses but not all computers on the network. Authentication Name and Password? What is it?

Last edited:

dtsig

Reaction score
Normally that is a windows challenge. It is looking for a Windows login and password (if needed). What user on your PC do you log in as?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
:motdroidvert: Droid X, How does one share/get the files off an XP computer when connected to WIFI? I have WIFI access to the web and is great but, can't see my shared folders on XP. Used this app that came on the phone media share??? and Files to search. All I see are certain ip addresses but not all computers on the network. Authentication Name and Password? What is it?
Any particular reason you Copied/Pasted the content of your original message?:icon_eek:

The post above your last one tried to answer your original question, and then asked a question you need to try and answer...and that answer should not be the same posted question as your first post in the thread.

Its hard to help if you cant provide answers as well as ask questions...

OP
M

milimar

Reaction score
Normally that is a windows challenge. It is looking for a Windows login and password (if needed). What user on your PC do you log in as?

I log in as admimistrator and when I try that it doesn't work. After turning on WiFi , I know it works because I can use the web but , when using media share I then see IP address on my network. So, when I try to login using administrator login, it doesn't work.

Last edited:
OP
M

milimar

Reaction score
Any particular reason you Copied/Pasted the content of your original message?:icon_eek:

The post above your last one tried to answer your original question, and then asked a question you need to try and answer...and that answer should not be the same posted question as your first post in the thread.

Its hard to help if you cant provide answers as well as ask questions...

Sorry, I didn't realize that I did that. I removed the copy and paste.

Last edited: