Wifi Tethering

jakemerrell

Reaction score
I don't know why but for some reason my wifi tether has all of the sudden decided not to work. It shows up on my computer and I can connect. It shows the yellow exclamation point saying that there is not internet connection. My phone never shows a connection and doesn't ever vibrate like it should when a device connects. I have uninstalled the wireless tether and then re-installed it. Any help? Thanks.

zMd113

Reaction score
What are you using? I use PDAnet and haven't had any problems.

OP
jakemerrell

jakemerrell

Reaction score
I have the wireless tether app that is by Muller, Lemons and Baxton called wireless tether on the android market.

hunters758

Reaction score
I don't know why but for some reason my wifi tether has all of the sudden decided not to work. It shows up on my computer and I can connect. It shows the yellow exclamation point saying that there is not internet connection. My phone never shows a connection and doesn't ever vibrate like it should when a device connects. I have uninstalled the wireless tether and then re-installed it. Any help? Thanks.

Me and my buddy have Moto droids and he had that problem and i went in Advanced Task Manager and noticed some services stopped and we refreshed them and it worked flawless

zMd113

Reaction score
I have the wireless tether app that is by Muller, Lemons and Baxton called wireless tether on the android market.

Well it says on the Android market that root is required, is your Incredible rooted?

OP
jakemerrell

jakemerrell

Reaction score

Well it says on the Android market that root is required, is your Incredible rooted?

Yes it is rooted and the app has worked previously that is the frustrating thing about it. Just the other day I went to tether and it wouldn't allow me to access the internet. I have written an email to the developer but he hasn't responded. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

Guchi

Reaction score
have you power cycled or done a battery pull? if not try that.

bekyndnunwind

Reaction score
I've been having this issue for a while now...used to work, now I can't get any data to come through the phone, even though I am connected to the droid hotspot...

OP
jakemerrell

jakemerrell

Reaction score
I've been having this issue for a while now...used to work, now I can't get any data to come through the phone, even though I am connected to the droid hotspot...

Did you install the CyanogenMod rom and return back to sense with a nandroid backup by chance?

bekyndnunwind

Reaction score

Did you install the CyanogenMod rom and return back to sense with a nandroid backup by chance?

No, I have never used CyanogenMod. I'm on Bugless Beast .4 w/ Chevy LV 1.0ghz kernel. I'm thinking the LV kernel might have something to do with it...

x1208x

Reaction score
For the incredible, you cannot simply install wireless tethering from the market. I am not sure why its still posted on UnrEVOked's website to just install from market.

I suggest going to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-hacks/51017-video-10min-root-complete-guide.html

and watch the VERY end of the video and also download his tools he has below the video. In the zip file, you just need to copy over/push the android.tether folder to the root of your sd card and install it that way. It installs an extra file needed to run correctly on the incredible.

It is located in the tools folder of the zip.

rkhouse

Reaction score
Did you change your SD card? The android.tether directory and files are required to exist on the sdcard. I found this out because I used a different SD card to root. After switching back to my normal SD card. Wireless Tether would seem to work with no errors, but I would get a "no internet connection" on my laptop. Copying the android.tether directory and contents to my sdcard fixed the problem for me.

OP
jakemerrell

jakemerrell

Reaction score
Did you change your SD card? The android.tether directory and files are required to exist on the sdcard. I found this out because I used a different SD card to root. After switching back to my normal SD card. Wireless Tether would seem to work with no errors, but I would get a "no internet connection" on my laptop. Copying the android.tether directory and contents to my sdcard fixed the problem for me.

That is probably what it is. During the process of changing back a forth from the cyanogen my card became corrupt and I had to format it. I will push the files to my sd card and try that. Good call thanks!

OP
jakemerrell

jakemerrell

Reaction score
Okay I copied the files from the 10 root files to my sd card and reinstalled the wireless tether and it works flawlessly now. Thanks for the heads up!:icon_ banana:

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
i just copied the android.tether folder onto my sd card and wifi tether is now working. it was not previously lol thank you :)