Wifi Tethering Problems in Win7 but not XP

natas420

Reaction score
Hey All,

I don't get it. I am not able wirelessly connect a PC to the droid 2 via wifi tether on Win 7. It sees the SSID (Android Tether or Barnacle) and will try to connect, but I get the error Windows is unable to connect to this network or device or something...I tried DHCP, static on same subnet set up for,always tried it OPEN (no wep,etc)...give me a fake 169 address and nothing. Sometimes it will "connect" but will have the little yellow thingy with the blue circle spinning over the signal strength icon in the systray. I tried unchecking ip6, qos and all the other crap u dont need basically just have Client, tcpip4, file print sharing (why i dunno), and same thing..windows cannot connect. This was via a netgear wireless N wireless NIC. I should mention I did try messing with Nat settings and wifi option under Barnacle which did no good.

Anyone have any idea why Win7 doing this?Anyone have similar issues?

On my old XP machine with a linksys wmp54g, it connects no problem.

* Logistics would automatically point to the machine..but I just wanna be sure....It's the voices in my head...they are singing the lyrics to "The Safety Dance".

Last edited:

pool_shark

Reaction score
Hey All,

I don't get it. I am not able wirelessly connect a PC to the droid 2 via wifi tether on Win 7. It sees the SSID (Android Tether or Barnacle) and will try to connect, but I get the error Windows is unable to connect to this network or device or something...I tried DHCP, static on same subnet set up for,always tried it OPEN (no wep,etc)...give me a fake 169 address and nothing. Sometimes it will "connect" but will have the little yellow thingy with the blue circle spinning over the signal strength icon in the systray. I tried unchecking ip6, qos and all the other crap u dont need basically just have Client, tcpip4, file print sharing (why i dunno), and same thing..windows cannot connect. This was via a netgear wireless N wireless NIC. I should mention I did try messing with Nat settings and wifi option under Barnacle which did no good.

Anyone have any idea why Win7 doing this?Anyone have similar issues?

On my old XP machine with a linksys wmp54g, it connects no problem.

* Logistics would automatically point to the machine..but I just wanna be sure....It's the voices in my head...they are singing the lyrics to "The Safety Dance".

I have windows 7 and I am connected to my D2 using Barnacle as I type this message.

OP
N

natas420

Reaction score
Hmm...It would appear I need to dance then....maybe I got something running I dont kno about. Did you do any special settings?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I set the WEP key, using channel 6, skip wpa_supplicant is checked, access control is set.