Wifi tether

naman919

Reaction score
Okay, In AOKP, got to Settings, Rom Control, Toggles, Enabled Toggles, (Now choose the one's you want to use) click on close. Back up to your home screen and pull down notifications and you should see the toggles. Turn it on from there, but you'll need to set it up under Settings, More, Tethering & Portable Hot Spot. Or You can install this from Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...yLDUwMSwiY29tLmFjaG15ci5hbmRyb2lkLmZyb3lvIl0. It worked on my D1 and on my Nexus when it was stock.

Good Luck

Thanks for the reply. Didn't see they buried the AOKP tethering setting. I've been using the AOSP wifi tether from Google with no issues, just wasn't aware AOKP had it built in.

From what I have read, the Nexus doesn't have tracking abilities for tethering like the DX had, or other phones. I have read that the software isn't on the phone to ping back tethering data to Verizon. please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Didn't see they buried the AOKP tethering setting. I've been using the AOSP wifi tether from Google with no issues, just wasn't aware AOKP had it built in.

From what I have read, the Nexus doesn't have tracking abilities for tethering like the DX had, or other phones. I have read that the software isn't on the phone to ping back tethering data to Verizon. please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I don't know if your wrong, or right... and I'm not sure that I care if Verizon knows or not. Back on my OG Droid I tethered on occasion with Barnacle. When I upgraded to the Nexus I began to use this:https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hY2hteXIuYW5kcm9pZC5mcm95byJd and it worked well when I was not rooted. One of the reasons I use Roman's Unicorn Magic is that it has the toggle built in. That, and it's really cool when you add Cobalt for a theme....

jcwilliams

Reaction score
What's everyone using for tether? I use to use the wifi tether app but it's not working on the s4. And foxfi has that stupid security that makes you lock your phone with a code or whatever.

I just need siding stable and good because I use it for work.
Thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Using FoxFi without a hiccup. And I have no idea what code you're talking about, never ran into it or if it's in the initial setup then I just skipped it and haven't had any problems being locked out.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Its not mashing you out that stupid lock screen on your phone? It worked fine for me today but I don't want to enter a code to get into my phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Its not mashing you out that stupid lock screen on your phone? It worked fine for me today but I don't want to enter a code to get into my phone.
Nope, never dealt with a lockscreen issue. I don't even see anything in the app itself that deals with the lockscreen. Only code is for actually connecting to the phone when it's turned on.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Mmm I'll have to try it again. Thanks for your input.

ms4teacher

Reaction score
It does require a lock screen but the paid version works without a hitch. No limits and it works flawlessly. It still requires a lock screen but that's no big deal bc you can still use your phone without a problem. I've had foxfi (pdanet+) for a year now. Best paid app I've ever had...

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I just can't stand that it makes you do a lock screen. Barnicle and wifi tether neither one are working. :(

ms4teacher

Reaction score
Err, rewind...I can no longer operate my phone without a lockscreen option through Foxfi (pdanet+)...The last update must've changed that aspect...I do hate it now...And I paid for the app!

jcwilliams

Reaction score
yea it sucks! I emailed them about it. doubt it helps though.