Wifi tether not connecting on laptop

me85222

Reaction score
Okay im sure there is a post on here that has the info I need but I looked for a few hours and cannot find anything. I have a Droid X2 with gingerbread it is rooted with the one click root, I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I am trying to use Barnacle Wifi tether. The tether seems to be working okay on the phone itself the log shows no fails and says running at the bottim log. The encryption is on with a simple password so I cant screw that up, the channel I have changed several times to get it to work. The laptop recognizes the tether, when I try to connect I get a password request after I enter the password it never does connect until it finally times out.

sherylhs

Reaction score
I don't know about the wifi tether you have, but I have used Easy-tether very successfully for a couple of years. I upgraded (for 9.99) when I first got it so I could go to secure sites and have since transfered it t three phones. The developer responds within hours of info requests.

I have used it on the original Droid, the Droid X and now on the Droid Razr.

You don't need the upgraded version for general surfing, but you can't beat a one-time fee for tethered wi-fi. I highly recommend it.

Good luck.
~S

snowman

Reaction score
skip the password protect and run open see if that works