Wifi tether and barnacle problems. Help me please!

droidxroot

Reaction score
droid x rooted but when using the wifi tether app i can surf the web for hours but if i download torrents after a minute or 2 my 3g drops and then reconnects over and over. So i tried barnacle but it lets me download torrents for hours but when surfing the web it lets me go to google and a select few websites but on others it will not connect and my computer says connected with no internet. But i can download torrents and search google all day with no such problem. I would be very grateful of help! Also i have the moto droid rooted and it has the same turning on and off 3g problem with the wifi tether app. I can use pdanet on both phones with no problems but i would like to tether wirelessly. Thank you im new to this.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I have this same problem with the Droid 1 and I haven't been able to figure out why this is. I've read that it might be caused by other apps on the phone asking for 3g (due to syncing) while tethering. But I don't tether enough to really care. Would be nice to know what causes this... Thought this was just a Droid 1 problem.

OP
D

droidxroot

Reaction score
Nope i have the problem on my droid x and on my droid 1 i still have the 3g shutting off problem.