wifi problems

ReyZero

Reaction score
Most of the time my wifi is fine, but sometimes mid use my internet stops.
I go into settings and I can see my wifi flashing on and off.

Is it worth taking to verizon, or is there something droid doesn't like in my router.

OP
ReyZero

ReyZero

Reaction score
I don't believe so, but I don't see an option of that nature.
when I stare at the wifi option in the setting menu it'll flash on and off as if I was checking and unchecking the box.
sometimes it'll even say im connected but I get no internet access when I try to browse

patrickgerry

Reaction score
Once you are in the wifi settings screen hit menu then select advanced to get to the sleep policy. Also, there's a systems update that fixed the on-off cycle problem when using wpa2 aes security.

sent from my HTC-incredible via tapatalk

AmericanJambo

Reaction score
I have this exact same problem and it is really annoying. Where can we get the system fix?

OP
ReyZero

ReyZero

Reaction score
I just changed my sleep policy to NEVER change from WiFi to Mobile.
I did the system update already, but I didn't see a note for that issue, plus it was still doing it after the update.
The WiFi is WPA/WPA2 PSK as far as the Droid 2 is concerned.

*Side note, I clicked Peer to peer (Ad-hoc) by mistake and it caused some error message. Anyone else get that?

thisiswang

Reaction score
change your wireless secuirty from aes to TKIP that worked for me. before that i couldn't get wifi for 2 minutes before it cut out. it been working perfectly since i changed it

OP
ReyZero

ReyZero

Reaction score
Well I found a way to cause it to spam on off.
When ever I try to download 2 apps at a time the second one will stop at like 20% and the wifi would spam on/off until I reboot the phone. Even a wifi toggle couldn't fix it, couldn't cancel the download either.

danwanna

Reaction score
I've had the same issue with my Wifi getting into an endless toggle loop. I have the 2.2.2 update and my network is running with TKIP encryption.

For me it seems to mostly happen after I toggle wifi manually through a widget but I have seen it happen other times as well.