WIFI Problem

Everetteb

Reaction score
Let sleeping dogs lay

Decided not to go back to the old setup, its now working and I'm leaving it this way....

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the same wifi symptoms. Gray connection icon but it never went blue to show data transfer. For whatever reason, the phone default was a static IP that would not work with my routers. I just turned on the "Enable Auto IP" option (DHCP) and it connected fine. Hope this helps!

menu -> settings -> wireless & networks -> wifi settings -> menu button -> advanced -> check Enable Auto IP

Menu - Settings - Wireless and networks - Wi-Fi Settings - Manage Networks. Once there I chose the network I was trying to connect to, and did a long press on the network name. I then chose "Proxy settings" and unchecked "use proxy server". After that everything worked fine.

I've tried this when trying to connect to two other networks, and it has worked each time. Only time will tell if this fix lasts.

Tried both. No difference; connected grey with no internet. Absolutely no problem outside the house. I'm blaming it on my home WiFi as it didn't work for my OG Droid either. This is with a Motorola 66991 modem. It's a real bummer as I got 2 games from Gameloft and while it downloaded the game, after you start it, you get a message that you need to download an additional 300-500mb and WiFi is required. A trip to the Public Library took care of it the last time.

Last edited: