wifi issues

mikeyice72

Reaction score
I cannot seem to have a steady wifi connection and when ever i turn it on i seem to lose 3G...is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? Btw this is my first post and very excited to be a part of this forum.

Sublime525

Reaction score
I connect to Wifi without any problem. I use the WiFi mainly for the Verizon Fios application and it works without any problems and I stay connected with 3G without any changes.

Kevinb84

Reaction score
I cannot seem to have a steady wifi connection and when ever i turn it on i seem to lose 3G...is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? Btw this is my first post and very excited to be a part of this forum.

My wife and I both have this problem

cassafrass

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with my WiFi connecting so far- thank god because I don't get consistant phone service in my house.

As far as the 3G disabling when you connect to WiFi, I'm pretty sure that's a battery saving feature. Since you're on WiFi it turns off your 3G since it's not really needed. If you turn off WiFi, the 3G should resume in a couple of seconds.
I don't think a low WiFi signal will cause the 3G to reactive though, you will most likely need to disconnect from the wireless network.

Hope that helps!

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
My wifi cycles randomly but often at home. I had the phone replaced because of that and 4.5 hours to charge the battery using the supplied wall charger. The second one charges up in less than 2 hours, but still toggles on and off wifi anywhere from every 10 minutes or so to an hour. It's really irritaiting sometimes. 4G LTE doesn't kick in when the wifi temporarily stops, it just hangs there for about 10 seconds and comes back on. If I'm loading a webpage, it will hang and the 'cannot connect to the internet' screen comes up. I spoke to a Level 2 tech at Verizon and she said HTC is aware of the problem and has been since December. She also said that HTC is preparing a bug fixer update that includes the wifi issue and that it should be hitting very, very soon.