WiFi Goes to Sleep

pfpulse

Reaction score
Can someone help me stop my droid from going to sleep where it turns of the wifi? Im listening to the radio.com app and after about 10 mins the droid 'sleeps' and the radio shuts off...when I turn it back on I see that the wifi went to sleep..I've tried to check wifi and battery settings but can't stop this from happening. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me stop my droid from going to sleep where it turns of the wifi? Im listening to the radio.com app and after about 10 mins the droid 'sleeps' and the radio shuts off...when I turn it back on I see that the wifi went to sleep..I've tried to check wifi and battery settings but can't stop this from happening. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I don't think it's going to sleep. I think it's dropping the connection and when you wake it the D2 picks it back up again.

I've seen this on my D2 where I will look at it before opening it up and it will say 3G, then as soon as I open it wifi symbol is there.

I'll bet if you're close by your router that won't happen.

rosem119

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if your wifi sleep policy is set to" Never"?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you checked to see if your wifi sleep policy is set to" Never"?

Is this a setting on the router? I don't see any such setting in the D2.

OP
P

pfpulse

Reaction score
Hook: im actually sitting jusg a few feet from the router and it happens

Rose: no, not sure I saw this setting..where is this?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's under wifi settings. Press the menu button when in there and select advanced. The option is in there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
P

pfpulse

Reaction score
It's under wifi settings. Press the menu button when under there and select advanced. The option is under there.

Ah-hah! I found it! hidden settings :) I changed it to never, hopefully that works now..we'll see shortly...thank you!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Never is the default. I just saw that setting for the first time today and it was already set to never.

Mine also drops the connection when I turn off the phone but only have a certain period of time.

OP
P

pfpulse

Reaction score
Never is the default. I just saw that setting for the first time today and it was already set to never.

Mine also drops the connection when I turn off the phone but only have a certain period of time.

I had never changed that setting and it was set to Never When Plugged In...I had to change it to Never. So far so good...hasn't turned off...im so happy!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's under wifi settings. Press the menu button when in there and select advanced. The option is in there.

Yep, Tanks right. There is a sleep setting there. I never hit the menu button before in that area. I just turned mine off.

pool_shark

Reaction score

I had never changed that setting and it was set to Never When Plugged In...I had to change it to Never. So far so good...hasn't turned off...im so happy!

Yep, Tanks right. There is a sleep setting there. I never hit the menu button before in that area. I just turned mine off.

It's either strange because the default is different on some devices or I've been in that menu before.
I went there today to set a static IP trying to get my Droid to ping my PC by name instead of just IP.
I don't recall ever seeing that menu before.

OP
P

pfpulse

Reaction score
Well, thanks again it has seemed to do the trick! Now I can listen without interruption.

rosem119

Reaction score
Glad it worked. I had the same problem and it had worked for me.