WiFi Drops

deborah3756

Reaction score
in and out. Greetings all. Is anyone having this problem? My Sgs5 is about a month and a half old. I love all the Samsung S series but have found wifi is a bit glitchy. Is it just me? Thanks to all in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Is wifi dropping just at home or everywhere?

@cr6 version KitKat 4.4.4 @Jeffrey just here at home. I've rest the media player/router. I've reset the phone. The drops don't happen often still, it's anoying.

Sent from my SM-G900V

I would remove your home settings on the phone, reboot both the phone and router and add your network back.

4.4.4 was supposed to have fixed some WiFi issues, so hopefully Jeffreys suggestion will help. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

When I went into the wifi set up and unchecked the wifi pop-up I stopped getting the pop-up that made me think wifi was reconnecting. So, I'm still learning. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G900V

I would bet you have a linksys router?? This happens with my 5G but it works fine on the 2.4Ghz. No real way to fix it....

But you can disable the auto network switch in the advanced settings.

I ran into an oddity last week during an extreme cold snap in my area.
My man cave gets a might chilly at night so I turned on a ceramic heater. Both of my routers started having intermittent drops where all my devices, Apple, Android Windows suddenly showed my routers out of range but never both at the same time. After trial and error it only happens when the heater is actually on in the same room as the routers.
A Comcast router/modem and a linksys e1000.
The Android and Windows machines would switch from the linksys to the other whereas the Apples would switch from the Comcast to Linksys at the same time. Rebooting routers solved nothing, rebooting devices solved nothing. Turning off the heater was the only thing that worked.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Back