WIFI connectivity

mtwi

Reaction score
SO, after the latest update(many, many months ago) and a FDR(today) I STILL cannot connect to WIFI at home. When I first got my RAZR MAXX last November, it worked flawlessly, connected to WIFI at home or wherever I went that had an open network. Now, even after a factory data reset, read MANY places that said this would fix the issue, it STLL doesn't work..... I am so frustrated now, I don't know what to do. Before you tell me to go buy a new router, it doesn't work on the new router at work either.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
SO, after the latest update(many, many months ago) and a FDR(today) I STILL cannot connect to WIFI at home. When I first got my RAZR MAXX last November, it worked flawlessly, connected to WIFI at home or wherever I went that had an open network. Now, even after a factory data reset, read MANY places that said this would fix the issue, it STLL doesn't work..... I am so frustrated now, I don't know what to do. Before you tell me to go buy a new router, it doesn't work on the new router at work either.

I don't know about the work router as they get a little more complicated from a security and control standpoint but here is a list of possibilities, none of which include you replacing your router. ;):biggrin:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...fi-issues-possible-solutions.html#post2422305

OP
M

mtwi

Reaction score
Thanks for the link leeshor. I'll look into those later. Work has 2 routers, one we use for ourselves and another is for our customers. I cannot connect to either one.

On second thought, I don't think the phone completely reset. Still have android version 4.1.2......

Irontyke

Reaction score
I am having trouble connecting with wifi at home also. Rebooting the router helps for a while, but it goes back to some kind of sleep mode and my phone cannot reconnect, yet it works for TV. It's as if it limits connection to a few times per day.

Irontyke

Reaction score
The wifi connection problems went away after I rebooted the modem several times. I don't know what changed, but it connected reliably the last couple days. Great!

nhepler90

Reaction score
I have the same issues with my router at my house. I will turn on wifi but it will not connect until I go into the wifi settings to see the available networks then it will automatically connect. If you have issues with it just give that a try just go into settings and click on wifi to see the available networks.