Wifi cancels out my 3G/4G signal

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This is interesting bc I never use 3g/4g when I am home or at work but am always able to connect to market thru my wifi. The only time I ever have to turn off wifi and use 3g/4g its if I'm downloading a pic msg.

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums

mfields78

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. I emailed Verizon tech support and have not heard any response back. Any luck with yours?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Call your ISP ..

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

jayman350

Reaction score
that is very strange that VZW is saying that it is intentional, b/c there are at least a handful of apps that will ONLY d/l over wifi. So if you can only access the market via 3G/4G, but you can only d/l certain apps via wifi, they are essentially blocking these apps from people. Something doesn't seem right here, if it was intentional then no one should be able to access the market via wifi, but it seems like some people have the issue while others don't.

BTW, I have no issues with connecting to the market via wifi.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
that is very strange that VZW is saying that it is intentional, b/c there are at least a handful of apps that will ONLY d/l over wifi. So if you can only access the market via 3G/4G, but you can only d/l certain apps via wifi, they are essentially blocking these apps from people. Something doesn't seem right here, if it was intentional then no one should be able to access the market via wifi, but it seems like some people have the issue while others don't.

BTW, I have no issues with connecting to the market via wifi.

Again, I agree. I am always able to connect to market and download over wifi. And the only time I have ever been refused a download is if I was on 3g/4g and for some apps, get a prompt saying that I need to connect to wifi in order to download the app.

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums