Widgets Stop Updating

Alfie213

Reaction score
Just got the Galaxy S4, and has anyone else run into this issue? I notice after a few days my widgets just stop updating. I can't figure out what the problem is. They seem to work fine for a few days, then after a while they just stop working. The only widget I have running now is my google now widget, but I notice the facebook widget, and endomondo widget come up blank as well.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My Beautiful Widget does that sometimes, however, not as frequent as you are saying. I have Endomondo but have not installed it on my S4 yet, what does their widget do? I imagine if you have a lot of friends on FB it is possible there is too much data for the widget. Maybe try adjusting the check in time for the widget? Drag it out to an hour or longer maybe?

MrNoSox

Reaction score
Just got the Galaxy S4, and has anyone else run into this issue? I notice after a few days my widgets just stop updating. I can't figure out what the problem is. They seem to work fine for a few days, then after a while they just stop working. The only widget I have running now is my google now widget, but I notice the facebook widget, and endomondo widget come up blank as well.
Mine is doing the same thing. Reboot gets them working again but then they just stop. Beautiful widgets, and even the stock clock widget. I've tried different Roms and kernels and even running stock. Nothing helps. Talked to others and they've never once had the problem. I'd love to figure out what's causing it.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would look at any power management apps or changes in the power saving settings as a possible issue. There are quite a few that could affect widget updates.