WidgetLocker problem!

Sherwood

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just downloaded widgetlocker and i love it.
However, i have a password set on my phone. So when i unlock my phone with the slider on widgetlocker, the old slider pops up and i slide it and then come to my password

Does anyone know if it is possible to either disable the old slider and just have the password pop up or if it is possible to set a password for widgetlocker!

Thanks so much!

PS. Not very important, but on widgetlocker i deleted the old clock that it had and replaced it with my fancywiget clock. Does anyone know how to get the old clock back?

Thanks in advance!

google123

Reaction score
Open WidgetLocker, press/hold on the screen, choose widgets, choose Lock screen clock...

OP
S

Sherwood

Reaction score
Thanks so much! But did you understand or know the answer to my original question?

cpjr

Reaction score
I have been using widgetlocker since it was released and testing it for the dev, however I never password protect my phone so I'm not sure. You can contact the dev directly: [email protected]

google123

Reaction score
No luck. I tried using NoLock to bypass the factory slider and go straight to the PIN screen but it wont. When I unlock with WidgetLocker, the factory slider comes up everytime whether NoLock is enabled or disabled.

OP
S

Sherwood

Reaction score
Yeah I tried it with nolock as well and the password screen doesn't show up :(. I think I am just going to email the developer directly.. thanks for your help!

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Isn't there an option within widgetlocker to actually disable the swipe requirement?

OP
S

Sherwood

Reaction score
I don't want to disable the widgetlocker swipe, I want to remove the stock swipe while still having the passlock show up

androzza

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what unlock sequence is being requested. Is it:
(1) have WidgetLocker appear on power-on, with a swipe to get to the pattern unlock screen
(2) do the pattern unlock, and if that's successful go to the home screen

Or something else?

OP
S

Sherwood

Reaction score
I don't quite know what your asking but basically when I boot my phone, the Widgetlocker lockscreen comes up but once i swipe it, the stock android lock screen comes up and i swipe that THEN type my password

androzza

Reaction score
I don't quite know what your asking but basically when I boot my phone, the Widgetlocker lockscreen comes up but once i swipe it, the stock android lock screen comes up and i swipe that THEN type my password

There doesn't seem to be any workaround at this time. Droid X users are reporting the same problem. The fix will probably necessitate WidgetLocker adding a PIN/pattern lockscreen to replace the stock one.

There's a long thread here, including posts from the developer of WidgetLocker about the problem:
Widgetlocker & Stock Lock Screen help plz. - Android Forums