Wich screen is better galaxy nexus or droid razr?

EL Lacost

Reaction score
I have bin seeing videos on youtube and the droid razr screen looks better than the nexus even thou the nexus has a biger screen does anybody else think the same?
It might just be in the videos idk yet how good itl look in person I hope alot bettter than the razr

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Traditionally, Samsung alwats has beautiful screens, so I would put my money on the Sammy (even though I'm a Moto fanboy).

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have bin seeing videos on youtube and the droid razr screen looks better than the nexus even thou the nexus has a biger screen does anybody else think the same?
It might just be in the videos idk yet how good itl look in person I hope alot bettter than the razr

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

Well, the moto screens do look better to me as they seem to be better in the pixel view catagory...I have a fascinate and a D2 among an Inc and Eris well,...I have many..lol and honestly, the inc and D2 have no pixelization...clean and tight..but everyone braggs about the Super Amoled..I love it, but it should've been made with a higher res...so, in conclusion, and in my opinion based on experience and taste..lol I think I would put my money on the razor, however, I would take the nexus by all means. Would be nice just having a pure Google phone without Hacking it to to get it..Though, I think when I get it, regardless of bootloader, it will run many ROMs and MODs just because I can and can't help it either...lol Peace!!

Tapped by the Droid Drummer!
Cyanogen Hunger--------Peace---------->>>

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
Lol guys both the razor and the nexus have Samsung / amoled screens! However there not the same (model) screen. The nexus has more dpi.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol guys both the razor and the nexus have Samsung / amoled screens! However there not the same (model) screen. The nexus has more dpi.

Yes that's right. The Razr took the Samsung Super Amoled advanced. But as you may know its so far the ONLY one. However the D4 may be another. And, I was unaware we were on the subject of who made what. I offered an opinion. LOL indeed...

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
This is a very easy question to answer. Get out of your house. Go ahead. Stop playing on your computer and leave the house. Go to your local Verizon store. Pick up each phone. They have them all as demos. Decide for yourself which is better.

You are the only one that can say how good the screen is. I can't tell you that my Razr is the greatest phone. I can't tell you that Samsung makes the greatest display. Only you can decide that for yourself. There are too many people that get into arguments on the forums over which screen is better and they all love their phone's screen.

So, while it wonderful asking questions on the forums, somethings can only be decided by actually touching a device. Go ahead. Go to your local VZW. It's free. I promise. They won't even make you talk to anyone if you don't want. Just say, "No thank you. I'm just looking."

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a very easy question to answer. Get out of your house. Go ahead. Stop playing on your computer and leave the house. Go to your local Verizon store. Pick up each phone. They have them all as demos. Decide for yourself which is better.

You are the only one that can say how good the screen is. I can't tell you that my Razr is the greatest phone. I can't tell you that Samsung makes the greatest display. Only you can decide that for yourself. There are too many people that get into arguments on the forums over which screen is better and they all love their phone's screen.

So, while it wonderful asking questions on the forums, somethings can only be decided by actually touching a device. Go ahead. Go to your local VZW. It's free. I promise. They won't even make you talk to anyone if you don't want. Just say, "No thank you. I'm just looking."

You are so right man. Lol i try so hard to hold back ...But an opinion is all we can ever really give as some actually like superamoled better than tft and some like qhd pentile over retinal (of course on that one you know I'm just making an example) lol

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I opened one up at work, freaking amazing on the nexus!!!

ICS 4.0.1 by Jt1134

jcardona1

Reaction score

Please tell me which store has the Galaxy Nexus on display. I can't even find a fake dummy model! :blink:

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I used a S2 for couple of days , now I have a RAZR . I'm sure the GN will blow the RAZR out of the water cause the screen on the RAZR is the worse AMOLED I've seen being released in the last few months.

Reaction score
I owned the razr

Hey I liked the screen on the razr. The colors were much more vibrant and it had deeper blacks. Just because a screen has a higher resolution doesn't make it a better picture. A few years ago I was looking a plasma's tv's. I brought 3 sony lcd 1080p screens I returned them all due to light bleed jitter. After my 3rd one I was all set to get a plazma panasonic Then the sales man says to me take a look at this 720P Pionner. I was blown away buy it. The TV was $2000.00 it has the deepest blacks and the color is awsum. Guess what regular tv looks better also because isn't as much up conversion.

My point not everything evoloves around the resolution. Look a the video contrast the deep blacks the whites and take what you like. While I had my Razr I tired to watch movies on Netflix Even if the high resloution screen your netflix movies are not going to look high def on the phone. The razr is pretty close and truth be told I was happy.

One thing I must warn you about the razr. as reported on other websites there are black blotches (spots) on the screen. But But But at least for me the only way you see them is if you are in a pitch black atmosphere I only saw the blotches while booting up the phone or the screen goes into a very dark sceen of a movie (but you must be in pitch black to see it) I did not notice it while watching movies under nomal conditions. I am the biggest critic in the world and that didn't bother me too much.

Now why did I return the Razr As I said I"m a critic. My old games did not play well on them. Pac man, Ms. Pac man wheel of fortune, and need for speed shift crashed and raging thunder played on a small screen. (I found a fix for the latter which was to download spareparts and uncheck compatablity mode.) My logic was if my thunderbolt can play these games then why am I going to pay $300.00 for less fuctionality. Did I want to give back the phone No. and I'm saddened by it but I havemy princiapls I only hope the game devloper can tweek the games to play on the newer chipsets. BTW MS pacman messed up on the Galaxy nexus also. So these "high power phones" can't handle a low power game :(

Anyway I'm getting off topic sorry but I'm depressed about the last paragaph anyway back to the screens I agree you have to see for yourself. I also agree you should not base your decision on just screen resolution alone. Dam I saw the samsung charge in the store and that lower end phone screen kicked butt in my eyes compared to the nexus. Why colors and Blacks.....

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey I liked the screen on the razr. The colors were much more vibrant and it had deeper blacks. Just because a screen has a higher resolution doesn't make it a better picture. A few years ago I was looking a plasma's tv's. I brought 3 sony lcd 1080p screens I returned them all due to light bleed jitter. After my 3rd one I was all set to get a plazma panasonic Then the sales man says to me take a look at this 720P Pionner. I was blown away buy it. The TV was $2000.00 it has the deepest blacks and the color is awsum. Guess what regular tv looks better also because isn't as much up conversion.

My point not everything evoloves around the resolution. Look a the video contrast the deep blacks the whites and take what you like. While I had my Razr I tired to watch movies on Netflix Even if the high resloution screen your netflix movies are not going to look high def on the phone. The razr is pretty close and truth be told I was happy.

One thing I must warn you about the razr. as reported on other websites there are black blotches (spots) on the screen. But But But at least for me the only way you see them is if you are in a pitch black atmosphere I only saw the blotches while booting up the phone or the screen goes into a very dark sceen of a movie (but you must be in pitch black to see it) I did not notice it while watching movies under nomal conditions. I am the biggest critic in the world and that didn't bother me too much.

Now why did I return the Razr As I said I"m a critic. My old games did not play well on them. Pac man, Ms. Pac man wheel of fortune, and need for speed shift crashed and raging thunder played on a small screen. (I found a fix for the latter which was to download spareparts and uncheck compatablity mode.) My logic was if my thunderbolt can play these games then why am I going to pay $300.00 for less fuctionality. Did I want to give back the phone No. and I'm saddened by it but I havemy princiapls I only hope the game devloper can tweek the games to play on the newer chipsets. BTW MS pacman messed up on the Galaxy nexus also. So these "high power phones" can't handle a low power game :(

Anyway I'm getting off topic sorry but I'm depressed about the last paragaph anyway back to the screens I agree you have to see for yourself. I also agree you should not base your decision on just screen resolution alone. Dam I saw the samsung charge in the store and that lower end phone screen kicked butt in my eyes compared to the nexus. Why colors and Blacks.....

Agree with the screens.....However the charge is not lower end. And the consumer surely has some choices with resolution vs contrast ...So many devices so little time. At least I get to check them all out...I have to say I don't know who it was that said it but the truth is its so hard to judge many device performances as updates usually come quickly to fix the opposing devices that may be lacking. But I'm not so sure resolution or contrast will ever be able to be fixed or updated so this is something to always take into consideration before buying one for sure. So far I love the Razr. And seems Verizon is doing well with keeping the updates to fix what some may find issues with. I have none at the moment . The first Razr did have the black splotches but the new one hasn't had any issues...I'm quite stoked and would recommend this device to all that anticipate..Especially if your rough with your device...lol peace!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

HTC1

Reaction score
rezound has the best screen

Sent from my HTC Vigor