Why won't Skype work on Droid 2 Global in WIFI mode?

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I'm going to Europe and want to use Skype on my droid to contact my husband on his. We want to use Wifi only so it is free.

Verizon Wireless won't let me do it. What's going on? I will be the one calling from Germany to him in the US. Is there something I need to download to make this work? Does he need to download anything? Must he be in wifi mode too or it doesn't matter since he's here in the US.

Thank for your help.

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I went to the market and the reviews for Tango aren't that great like too much echo, lag time in audio, force close issues, disconnects. So are you saying that we can't use Skype?

al19

Reaction score
There are two versions of Skye. The Verizon one that only works on the Verizon network and a more standard Android one that works on wife. The standard version is (or at least was) in the market.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
There are two versions of Skye. The Verizon one that only works on the Verizon network and a more standard Android one that works on wife. The standard version is (or at least was) in the market.
There is a "Skype Mobile®" that came as an app when I got the Droid 2 Global. I used that on wifi alone and it did not work.

Are you saying that there is another app I need to get from the Market?

I'm in Market now and I see a apps called "Skype" and "Skype mobile". So these aren't what came loaded as an app already?

Which should I download so that it will work on wifi alone? Thanks.

jeckyrayen

Reaction score
I also think that why Skype is not working in this phone. I always use Skype for chatting with my friend. Now I will try Tango which suggest by Mrs EB.