Why not help hashcode?

slorsx89

Reaction score
What is the point of making new GB roms if there is a semi stable ICS rom out there..? I say more devs should be working on ICS.

Sent from my ICS D3 using DroidForums

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Because the community needs and wants stable GB ROMs that they can use as a daily driver.

ICS for the D3 is a massive undertaking with major recoding going on. ICS is not meant to run the D3. Hashcode knows if he needs help he can ask for it. There's no sense in having multiple people working on multiple versions (think fragmentation).

Once Hashcode has a solid, stable release, then Im sure devs will begin modding it.

OP
S

slorsx89

Reaction score
This is pretty much stable.. the only issue is the camera. I never have force closes and since the alpha 5 release I have never rebooted my phone. People should just step it up.

OP
S

slorsx89

Reaction score
Plus there are already and have been plenty of stable GB roms.. why make more?

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Variety is the of life and I think hash has his own way of how the camera is going to be put in. And with multiple devs working on it and him monitoring it could slow things down unless it all became organized like cyanogen or something to that effect

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I read this and say ... wow.

Why make a million of froyo roms for the d1?

Why make a billion themes for the d1?

Why make anything for anything?

Cuz we can.....

And will

And when Hashcode gets the camera working there will be hundreds of ics roms .... god forbid our phone gets unlocked.... ;)

Reaction score
Not trying to intrude or start some chaos but what happened to Droid concepts for the d3 Mr.davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Its on hold till ics gets sorted out, woody is in school, im busy with life, and have been working on themes and other random stuff for Maverick rom and other stuff. Took a bunch of time off and had to re-learn everything due to blur, gingerbread, and ics. Presently I'm redoing my server and Gentoo is quite the .... adventure. Finished BootLoop Madness theme for Maverick 2.5, still trying to get a boot animation together for it.... if any one wants to help lemme know......

Reaction score
Oh okay thank you for the reply I wish I could help but the most I can do is be a tester. not to skilled with coding actually haven't tried have done python it's simple but besides the point

mikedyk43

Reaction score
This is pretty much stable.. the only issue is the camera. I never have force closes and since the alpha 5 release I have never rebooted my phone. People should just step it up.

The ICS build has come a long way thanks to Hashcode, but it still has a long way to go. It might be stable, but it is still unreliable as a daily driver. I was using it for quite a while, but I frequently received voicemails without the phone ever ringing, texts hours after they were sent, among other problems. The reality of the situation is that Hash's current build is an ICS ROM tweaked to run on a GB kernel. It is a truly masterful hack job, but it might not ever run perfectly until/if Motorola releases an ICS kernel we can use on this phone. I would venture to guess that other devs have not joined him in this for several reasons, as mentioned before, it is a HUGE undertaking to attempt what Hash is doing and it may or may not pan out. Secondly, I think that many, myself included, want to see him pull it off on his own and reap the rewards of accomplishing such a feat. Overall, it is probably out of respect that no others have attempted to join in and steal Hash's glory on this project. I am not a programmer, but I have enough knowledge about it to know that it is a science and an art at the same time, so be a little more patient and let the man finish what he started.

Keep in mind how many phone manufacturers with their teams of software developers have made ICS available on their products, you aren't the only one waiting.

Last edited: