Why is there so much hate for the Xperia x10?

eperrine

Reaction score
Hey guys, im just wandering why there is so much negativity around the Xperia? I've been reading reviews, looking through forums, reading that x10 wont get any more updates. My dad has the incredible, and i like the xperia so much better. It's a great phone. So i'm not understanding why its not up their with the other phones, and why its so disrespected?

Thanks.

Ving

Reaction score
I still the Xperia X1 from time to time and it's still a great phone (after a few internal mods :D)

OP
E

eperrine

Reaction score
You still what? Thank you for agreeing with me, xperia is powerful, sleek, attractive, fast. I dont get it.

Sent from my X10i using DroidForums App

OP
E

eperrine

Reaction score
Anyone? I really want to hear your opinions, since the majority are opinionated about the x10.

dan.dar

Reaction score
Is that phone even available in US? Maybe it has something to do with stock software apparently not being updated past 2.1 and not multi-touch capable (per one of first results on google search). The hardware is nice but Sony is Sony. They could care less about what customers want.

Beka27

Reaction score
I don't honestly know anything about the Xperia. It's not a very well-known or publicized phone, at least in my area. I think you said that you are in Australia, so that might be one of your more popular phones over there, I really don't know. I'm not sure I've ever even seen one.

If you like your phone, it doesn't really matter what the internet says about it, right?

OP
E

eperrine

Reaction score
What country are you from Beka. yeah, i do love my phone very much, but i'm just angry, and i want to know why these tech heads complain about this phone so much :( i know a lot worse phones then this one.

Beka27

Reaction score
Once phones are out, manufacturers tend to move on to the next biggest thing, so their support drops off. We have no idea (officially) when ANY manufacturer will be getting an update.

For example, I believe the Fascinate has been waiting to get Froyo for months. My phone came with it, but will I get Gingerbread, I'll have to wait and see.

There is little incentive for manufacturers to constantly update existing phones. If you always have the latest, greatest OS, what is your reason to upgrade (in other words, spend LOTS of money) on a new device. As I understand it, this is one of the reasons the OG (original) Droid has had such a great run, the unlocked bootloader allows it to be updated over and over. So those people see little reason to run out and get a new phone in 6 months.

(In your other thread, you did not have to be rude to me. I was trying to make it easier on you and to kindly remind you of the rules on the forum. No one has to respond to anything you post. We do so because we want to have a civilized, informative conversation with people who have similar interests. Be nice.)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been reading reviews, looking through forums, reading that x10 wont get any more updates.
How exactly is that "hate"? A phone without updates is a phone without updates. Hate has nothing to do with it.

Ving

Reaction score
You still what? Thank you for agreeing with me, xperia is powerful, sleek, attractive, fast. I dont get it.

Sorry, I meant I still use the Xperia X1 from time to time. :)