Why is the Internet suddenly not working on my phone?

linodashop

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone X
Twitter
kiuerp505
I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) and it's worked very well for the year and a half that I've had it. This evening, it won't access the internet any more. I'm baffled.
I've probably messed it up myself. I was fiddling with various settings to try to troubleshoot a problem earlier today and may have turned something off that needs to be on or vice versa but I'm at a loss to figure out what.
When I try to reach websites I've never visited with my browsers, I get told I'm "not online" or "this site cannot be reached". I get advice like "turn off flight mode" and "turn on WiFi". (I can see a few pages in the browser that I have visited recently but I believe those are all cached pages.)
When I check my settings, my WiFi is turned on and it has my network name. (The laptop I'm using to send this is on the same network, which is my home, and the laptop works completely normally.) Bluetooth is on. Flight Mode is Off. Do Not Disturb is Off.
What have I done to mess up my internet on my phone and what do I need to do to fix it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum. . For basic starters, have you rebooted the phone since this all started? Sometimes just a simple reboot clears up strange issues

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk