Why does Facebook Sync work for me?

PJnc284

Reaction score
Is facebook down now or did I bork something by pushing the Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk. I got the option inside of facebook to sync contacts but it says sync is down try again later when I tried to manually sync under Accounts/Sync. Cleared the facebook app settings and now it gives me an error when trying to set up the account.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is facebook down now or did I bork something by pushing the Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk. I got the option inside of facebook to sync contacts but it says sync is down try again later when I tried to manually sync under Accounts/Sync. Cleared the facebook app settings and now it gives me an error when trying to set up the account.

I haven't heard any complaints out of 2.1 or the leaked 2.2 users, so I seriously doubt it is done. I think it is more a problem with built from source 2.2 ROM's

supahrob

Reaction score
Great - now I am compelled to sit at my computer refreshing different sites over and over again until I can download the new version.

Curse you CVPCS! LOL

(in other words, I am anxiously waiting for this - thank you for your hard work!)

Take care,
Rob

PJnc284

Reaction score
Sync works now! Deleted Socialite, switched over to 3G instead of wifi, set up facebook again and was able to able to get contact sync to work. looks like the issue may be in the contacts.apk or the contactsprovider.apk. Good idea y0rk

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK...wish I didn't know about the upcoming release, now I'm checking every five minutes...damn my upgrade OCD!! ;)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sync works now! Deleted Socialite, switched over to 3G instead of wifi, set up facebook again and was able to able to get contact sync to work. looks like the issue may be in the contacts.apk or the contactsprovider.apk. Good idea y0rk

I will check into this when I upgrade to 0.6.2. If it is true, then this could be a temporary fix until a true fix is implemented into the ROM.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
So you pulled those 2 apk's from the leak and pushed it to the current sapphire and now Facebook syncs?

Anyone else verify this 'fix"?

Sent from my Droid

J

Johnly

Is it really this simple?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm trying it now...pulled contacts and contactprovider from the BB .2 release and copied and set permissions, rebooted, and confirmed Contacts launched.

Launched FB and tried to sign in, but it's showed the "signing in" dialog for a couple minutes and then the screen went dark.

Rebooted and about the same...I often have problems when rebooting a 2.2 ROM (may take me a couple reboots for my phone to settle down) but so far this isn't workign for me. I am going to try uninstalling/reinstalling FB to see if that helps...

PJnc284

Reaction score
Maybe I got lucky but here's exactly what I did. Note: I'm also using the Facebook.apk from my pre-source backup

- Installed Socialite- sync still didn't work
- Rebooted into recovery and performed nandroid backup
- Pushed Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk from Kangerade v1.0 backup
- Rebooted
- Went into Facebook app and the sync option was there but kept saying "sync failed"
- Uninstalled Socialite, Force stopped Facebook and cleared data
- Tried to re-enter facebook info but it would never connected and gave a "try again later message"
- Pushed original Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk back but still couldn't connect to facebook.
- Turned off wifi and pushed the Kangerade apks back
- Entered facebook log in information and selected Sync Existing option
- Got same "sync failed" option when manually trying to sync in Accounts/Sync
- Changed option to Sync All contacts and everything worked, switched back to Sync Existing and everything worked fine

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
we have sync working!!!

i'll be releasing 0.6.2 shortly, initially it will still be released over mediafire, we will have several mirrors this time as well.

many thanks to kovaleski for donating some server space for us!!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
we have sync working!!!

i'll be releasing 0.6.2 shortly, initially it will still be released over mediafire, we will have several mirrors this time as well.

many thanks to kovaleski for donating some server space for us!!

Great...waiting w/finger over download button. ;)

Will it be posted here, or to the wiki, or both?