Why do pic messages show up as video sometimes?

82DMC12

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Sometimes I get pic messages but it appears in the Messaging screen as a video. You hit 'play' and it plays for like 10 seconds then closes even though it's a still photo.

Seems to be random, and I can't find a way to save the 'video' so that I can view it as a photo.

Any ideas?

Andy

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hmm, You sure it wasn't a video message, i have never heard of this. A photo in the movie player?

nooter99

Reaction score
Have had the exact same thing happen on occasion. Seems like they are always from my wife, and always her forwarding a text she received from someone else. (Usually of an adult nature lol) She's on an old flip phone.

Skull One

Reaction score
It is a conversation bug from older phones that send the picture in a 2gp format instead of png/jpg.

Bmf978

Reaction score
It is playing the picture as a slide show not a video. But since there is only one picture it does not change. Once the slide show is over is closes and goes back to the text msg. when you open it you can tap the screen and hit the pause button at the bottom.

bamhsc

Reaction score
Is there a way to save the slideshow to sd?

-EDIT-
Just downloaded the Save MMS app. It saves the pictures that appear as videos easily

Last edited: