Why do most apps suck?

fscotth1

Reaction score
child apps

Droid apps are and have remained in their infancy and are unlikely going to grow up. Droid are designed for......well I'm not sure, except they're not for business people. I had to download apps to customize my profile an app to change vibration pattern for SMS messages an app to change vibration for agenda notification and the list goes on and on. I just saw the iPhone app for NCAA March madness where they can watch the games and Droid owners have to settle for seeing the scores...even entertainment apps suck. I can't even copy an email into goggle tasks or any other "to do" app. All in all, the Droid is better than a blackberry with its browser and navigation but lacks in calendaring, to do's, and email, however, lags way behind the iPhone.
I have to wait 1.5 years to change phones and I can't wait to punt the Droid, too bad there is so much potential but until developers mature in making useful apps, it will never get better.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
FSCOTTH1,
My work, a business, is switching over from Windows phones to Android phones. One manager got the Evo.

Android is what, less then 3 years old.
Yes only 250K apps now. And a lot suck. BUT they are getting better.

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums App

o0oJAKEo0o

Reaction score
How many apps have you paid for? Have you checked the user ratings on the ones you have downloaded? Have you checked on DF to see what other people here think are good apps and ones to stay away from? Droid apps/games development is still in infancy compared to iPhone apps. Look back in a year from now and see if you still feel the same way, I bet you won't.

Its been a year now... and what do you know the games and apps still resemble a worn out rectum
You can't honestly say these tired remakes of games are good? If you don't already have one get an iPod touch and you will see what I mean. The best game I played on this phone is TRAP a game that could have probably run on my first nokia in about 1996 right next to snake. Any game that has any potential on here just lags and usually just has to be forced closed. Very disappointing.

Last edited:

darthzach

Reaction score
My biggest complaint with Android apps is they usually look like total crap. The standard UI looks like a slightly vamped up version of DOS with buttons.

I've seen some pretty nice looking apps out there, I know it's not impossible to make the UI look good. Hate to say it but Apple really set the bar with their slick looking apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums